Since 2001, Dexis has provided innovative management solutions for a secure and prosperous world. In the last three years alone, Dexis has worked in 90 countries supporting critical missions of agencies in the global development and security assistance space. With triple digit growth in recent years, Dexis was ranked in the top 10 consulting firms by funding at the US Agency for International Development in FY16 and FY17. Dexis was also among the highest rated employers on Glassdoor, where many of its 250-plus employees cited a people-centered leadership and culture as the main drivers to its success.
Dexis is seeking an experienced Deputy Team Lead for our Monitoring and Evaluation team supporting the Department of State (DOS), Bureau of Political Military Affairs, Office of Security Assistance (PM/SA). The team is responsible for evaluating the Foreign Military Financing (FMF) and International Military Education and Training (IMET) security assistance programs. The Deputy Team Lead will serve as a Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, supporting ongoing, large-scale evaluations. The work location for this position will be in Washington, DC with field travel to targeted FMF and IMET recipient countries. This is a full-time position. The start date for this position is August 2018.
- Support the Team Lead in providing overall program management, including strategic vision and team leadership; developing and implementing work plans; liaising with State Department and Department of Defense FMF/IMET stakeholders; interviewing foreign government officials; identifying and mitigating program risks; and ensuring achievement of program results and objectives.
- Provide technical support and oversight to knowledge management, monitoring, evaluation, capacity building, learning, and other project activities.
- Conduct research and analyze program data to identify program trends.
- Develop country reports, annual assessment, and deep dive analyses.
- Manage all performance monitoring-related tasks for FMF and IMET, including supervision of data collection, hands-on generation of new project data, and participation in evaluations and assessments.
- Contribute substantively to the design and development of the evaluation methodology, participatory data collection methods and protocols, data verification techniques, development of evaluation products, and other analytical tasks.
- A Master’s degree or higher in a relevant discipline, such as international relations, defense and security policy, military studies, trade policy, public policy, public administration;
- At least 10 years of relevant experience; significant military experience preferred;
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills and ability to work with many disparate stakeholders with competing interests;
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills;
- Excellent communication skills to include technical writing and editing, oral communication, interpersonal and organization skills;
- Experience related to:
- Developing data collection plans to guide research efforts
- Preparing written analytical reports
- Coordinating and collaborating with multiple stakeholders
- Awareness of monitoring and evaluation policies of the Department of State;
- Experience and understanding of security assistance and security cooperation policies, activities, processes;
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, and highly organized;
- Ability to develop and implement processes and procedures to increase team effectiveness;
- Ability to multi-task, respond to quick turn-around requests, and prioritize tasks;
- Flexible and readily adaptable to change, including changes in processes, requirements, and priorities;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint);
- Active Secret Security Clearance;
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org