Climate Alliance is looking for a project and administrative assistant to support its Brussels team with all administrative and financial activities of its ongoing EU projects – in particular the Clean Energy for EU Islands initiative.
His/her main tasks will include:
- Supporting the management of the Clean Energy for EU Islands initiative as well as other ongoing projects (e.g. Covenant of Mayors, SEI Forums) – in particular on legal and financial issues, but also on any other daily activities - whenever needed;
- Coordinating the preparation of (project-related) meetings and events (including logistic arrangements);
- Supporting the Climate Alliance administrative and financial officers in the preparation of relevant documents (e.g. progress reports, subcontracts, invoices);
- Supporting the Brussels team in any other work streams of the association (including communication and project proposal development) – whenever needed – as well as the office’s day-to-day operations in general.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in office administration, financial and legal management of EU projects or tenders (e.g. Horizon 2020), project management and event planning;
- A degree in a relevant subject (e.g. office administration, EU project management, EU affairs, …);
- Interest in climate, energy and sustainability topics, especially at city and regional levels;
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills;
- Excellent organisational skills, attention to details, ability to multitask;
- Eager to learn, self-starter, team player;
- Fluency in English, good command of Dutch, both written and spoken, (at least basic) knowledge of German and French.
- Experience in working in an international environment, particularly working across different cultures and languages, and able to work with a high level of initiative and autonomy when required;
- Proficiency/very good command in other EU languages;
- Experiences working with/for local authorities;
- Good communication skills.
The contract will be made between the individual and Climate Alliance under the Belgian law. The corresponding assignment is based on a 2-year part-time contract 50% FTE (with a possibility to be extended / converted into a permanent position) starting as soon as possible.
Climate Alliance offers a benefits package (incl. paid leave / ‘pécule de vacances’ & lunch vouchers) and a positive working environment.
Applicants must have the legal right to be employed in Belgium.
To apply, please send a motivation letter and your CV including names and contact details of two references (at least one should be a former/current employer).
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org