The Turkish Industry and Business Association (TÜSİAD) Washington Representative Office is seeking a full-time research assistant.
TÜSİAD was founded in 1971 as a non-governmental, non-profit entrepreneur organization that represents a significant part of the Turkish economy. TÜSİAD promotes principles of participatory democracy, a competitive market economy, environmental sustainability, and universal freedoms and human rights. The Washington Representative Office is charged with developing and strengthening the U.S.-Turkey relationship.
The research assistant will report to the Washington Representative.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct research, edit, and proofread materials
- Prepare weekly and monthly newsletters for distribution
- Track news, data and analyses on political and economic developments in Turkey and the U.S.
- Attend meetings, conferences, panel discussions and prepare briefings
- Maintain and update website, blogs, and social media
- Coordinate and plan events and meetings. Responsibilities include scheduling, preparing invitations, travel and accommodation arrangements, corresponding with speakers, helping to prepare background papers and materials for distribution, and providing logistical support
- Develop and maintain contacts with partner institutions
- Provide administrative support to the Representative, handling correspondence, scheduling, travel and accommodation arrangements and responding to requests for information
- Recruit and supervise interns
- Other related tasks
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in International Affairs, Political Science, Economics or related field with superior academic achievement
- Proven interest in foreign policy, U.S. – Turkey political and economic relations, the EU, and other relevant areas
- Fluency in English and Turkish preferred
- Strong computer skills in MS Word, Excel and database management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; including proofreading and editing ability
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work flexible hours and independently
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to [email protected] by July 20, 2018. Please include “RA APPLICATION” in the subject of your email and provide at least two references with contact information.