Global Kids, Inc. is seeking a dynamic, hard-working, and creative individual who is interested in youth development, global education, and social action. The Trainer will work with students at one of Global Kids’ Community Schools in The Bronx, East Harlem, or Queens and help provide an array of comprehensive youth development services including attendance support, parent engagement, and social emotional learning.
• Coordinate, develop and co-facilitate interactive, experiential workshops and activities for GK's global education academic enrichment programs and afterschool programs.
• Conduct attendance outreach services including attendance monitoring/data review, home visits, conferences, attendance incentive activities and phone calls.
• Collect, input and review attendance, evaluation and other data related to projects and student progress.
• Work closely with school staff (principals, faculty, guidance counselors, parent coordinators, facilities staff etc.) to conduct high quality and safe programming.
• Support recruitment for attendance initiatives, parent engagement activities, and, citywide Global
• Organize special events, including mini-conferences, parent nights, performances, etc.
• Help navigate, secure resources, and build/sustain relationships with participants, parents, school staff, other CBOs, etc.
• Collaborate with GK staff to generate new program ideas, write curriculum and content focusing on global/local issues, leadership development, Black and Latino male empowerment, and socioemotional learning.
• Assist in the design and implementation of professional development and trainings for educators around topics such as engagement strategies, youth development, Black and Latino male empowerment, creating safe space and caring communities.
• Maintain necessary documentation/case files, program data entry and records and provide periodic progress reports as necessary.
• Work with other staff and students to implement the annual Global Kids Youth Conference and other special projects with the United Nations, Council on Foreign Relations, etc.
• Attend occasional late night, weekend and overnight trips/events.
• Senior Trainer: Coach less experienced program staff in program development, facilitation, and workshop design.
• Trainer: Bachelors Degree is required. Senior Trainer: Master’s degree in education, international affairs, sociology, or related areas, plus several years of professional experience working with youth in the classroom or other educational settings.
• Experience/enthusiasm for working with youth and/or using interactive learning strategies in culturally diverse settings.
• Knowledge of and passion for global issues, political science, history, education and social activism.
• Excellent facilitation, consensus-building and interpersonal skills.
• Strong work ethic, initiative, creativity, willingness to learn, and ability to juggle multiple tasks independently.
• Strong communication, writing, organizational, and technology skills.
• International experience and foreign language background preferred.
• Fluency in Spanish is a mandatory requirement for this position.
Please send a resume and cover letter. Please indicate “Trainer” or “Senior Trainer” in the subject line of the email. We are unable to accept any phone, mail, or fax inquiries please refer to the Global Kids web site for further information, www.globalkids.org.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org