The Senior Associate, Gender in Development counsels and informs Creative’s programs on gender issues by identifying trends, best practices, programmatic innovations, and pertinent research. The position interacts with subject matter technical staff, and formulates gender-focused treatments and interventions for proposals and projects. The position requires occasional work in the field. The Senior Associate, Gender in Development contributes to Creative’s KM agenda by cataloguing the firm’s vast gender-focus programing, documenting ongoing gender-focused interventions, and distilling good practices. Lastly, the Senior Associate, Gender in Development supports Creative’s thought leadership agenda, including research and formulation of gender–focused Theories of Change.
Reporting & Supervision:
This position is housed in the Programs Unit reporting to the Chief Operations Officer. The position regularly interacts with Division Directors and senior technical staff in Divisions. The incumbent will supervise expert consultants in pertinent technical areas.
- Identifies, articulates and promotes relevant gender-focused trends which are pertinent to international development and the sectors in which Creative operates;
- Articulates Creative’s approach(es) to gender-focused programming, including the formulation of models, Theories of Change, and other tools that promote and embrace gender-sensitive programming;
- Contributes to the design of proposals and project design, articulating the merits and contributions of gender-differentiated programing to project success;
- Supports project implementation, providing Short Term Technical Assistance as requested;
- Catalogues Creative’s gender-focused experience and documents ongoing gender-focused initiatives; supports Creative’s KM agenda;
- Frames research and formulates other forms of gender-focused knowledge generation;
- Develops and conducts gender-focused training to projects and Home Office staff; supports and nurtures appointed gender focal points;
- Leads select gender-focused new business development efforts; and
- Promotes the gender agenda through the planning and support of high-level events.
- Bachelor’s degree in international development or a closely-related field;
- A minimum of 15 years of experience in international development;
- A minimum of 12 years of experience in gender-specific programming;
- Substantial prior experience working with donor programming, preferably with USAID;
- Prior project management experience in international development settings;
- Demonstrated capacity to lead institutional dialogue, influence and socialize ideas in a business environment;
- Superior communications skills—verbal, written, and analytical; and
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in international development or a closely related field;
- Familiarity with one or more of Creative’s core lines of business: education, democratic transitions, economic growth;
- Long term experience in the field, preferably in a donor-sponsored project setting; and
- Proficiency in a second language.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org