Project Description: About IFES: IFES is an international, nonprofit organization that supports the building of democratic societies. IFES provides targeted technical assistance to strengthen transitional democracies. Founded in 1987 as a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization, IFES has developed and implemented comprehensive, collaborative democracy solutions in more than 120 countries.
As a member of the Asia-Pacific program team, the Program Coordinator will support project implementation and provide project backstopping for one or more country portfolios in South Asia. IFES programs in Asia-Pacific include: technical assistance to election management bodies, capacity building of civil society, increasing political participation of marginalized groups, women’s empowerment, and civic and voter education. These programs require close coordination and partnerships with donor representatives, election management bodies, government authorities, local CSOs, other international NGOs, and regional advocacy groups.
Job Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the Program Officer:
- Support implementation of timely, high-quality activities on budget.
- Assist in efforts to deliver program work and other special projects for the division.
- Contribute to analytical reports and critical project evaluations.
- Assist in budget development processes.
- Establish, maintain, and develop productive working relationship with field staff and consultants at large.
- Represent IFES at offsite venues.
- Employ resourcefulness in project design, implementation and monitoring.
- Troubleshoot project problems. Identify and implement creative solutions.
- Monitor pending grant/contract actions and coordinates timely action and response.
- Participate in proposal development/new initiative processes.
- Assist with assembly of monthly/quarterly reports.
- Conduct financial tracking and generate budget reports.
- Maintain project records and documents, including contracts and reports.
- Prepare and assemble briefing materials as directed.
- Plan and expedite airline, hotel, and visa arrangements.
- May travel to field in support of project activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in political science, international affairs, communications, or relevant area; Master’s Degree preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in international development and non-profit program work or related field.
- Experienced with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Introductory experience in proposal development.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the South Asian region preferred.
- Familiarity with USAID regulations and reporting requirements preferred.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org