The World Justice Project’s (WJP) Rule of Law Index team is seeking a full-time Program Assistant to work in the WJP’s office in Washington DC. This is a current vacancy, with an immediate start.
Responsibilities: The Program Assistant will report directly to the Rule of Law Index Directors and will provide crucial support for the research team. The Program Assistant will assist with research and data analysis for projects on the status of the rule of law around the world. The main responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
· Assist with all aspects of the data collection process for the Qualified Respondents Questionnaire (QRQ) expert surveys administered in 125 countries for the annual Rule of Law Index report;
· Help to manage various online data collection platforms and CRM databases, including SurveyGizmo, Mail Chimp, and Microsoft Dynamics;
· Create, manage, and track correspondence from legal experts around the world related to data collection efforts;
· Contribute to the research, analysis, writing, and design of the WJP’s country-specific reports on Afghanistan, Central America and the Caribbean, and Mexico, as well as WJP’s thematic research projects on access to justice, criminal justice, and discrimination;
· Help to manage administrative processes for the research team, including contract negotiations, payment processes, and day to day administration of consultant and vendor contracts;
· Provide general programmatic support, including research, editing and proofreading documents and presentations, assisting with Index calendar management, and coordinating logistics for travel and meetings;
· Assist with the training of short-term research interns;
· Undertake rule of law research and analysis as necessary.
This position is open to graduates (B.A. or M.A.) with a minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA, with excellent attention to detail and superior research skills. International experience and foreign language skills are preferred. The ideal candidate will have completed coursework in international affairs, social sciences, journalism, economics, policy studies, regional studies, or pre-law. Successful applicants will have at least one year of relevant experience, and be bright, highly dependable, and motivated with a strong academic track record and an enthusiastic interest in the rule of law. The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skills and qualifications:
· Superior research skills, sound analytical skills, and excellent attention to detail;
· Strong writing, oral communications, and interpersonal skills;
· The ability to communicate in a professional manner both in writing and over the phone;
· The ability to manage large databases (strong skills in Microsoft Excel is a plus);
· Foreign language skills (fluency in French or Spanish are a plus);
· Experience working in a fast-paced environment;
· The ability to work independently as well as in group settings, the ability to manage his or her own workload, and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work under deadline pressure.
Please email a cover letter, resume, a writing sample not exceeding 5 pages, and reference information (1-3 reference contact information, past supervisors and employers preferred) with subject line “LAST NAME, FIRST NAME – 2018 QRQ Program Assistant Application”. Please send all application documents at once.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org