As a member of the Private Sector Initiatives team, the Development Coordinator is responsible for supporting a comprehensive strategy aimed at increasing involvement and funding from individuals, corporations and family foundations, particularly through engagement with Crisis Group's Councils. The Development Coordinator provides research and administrative support to the Development Officers and Directors, working closely with them to coordinate donor activities, facilitate renewals and acknowledgments, organise fundraising events, and record and report on these efforts, with a view to raising Crisis Group’s profile and increasing its donor base internationally.
- Work with Development Officers to personalise timely donor solicitations and acknowledgments, process gifts and liaise regularly with the Finance team to ensure interdepartmental consistency in recording of incoming funds.
- Support the tracking and advancement of prospecting efforts in The Raiser’s Edge database, and take primary responsibility for donor data entry and the maintenance of accurate and up-to-date records of contributions, contact details and other relevant donor/prospect information.
- Track renewals of gifts from Crisis Group leadership donors and support Development Officers in following up with outstanding pledges.
- Generate reports and analysis of fundraising data from The Raiser’s Edge as assigned.
- Take initiative in developing new and improving existing systems for donor tracking and other administrative processes of the Private Sector Initiatives team.
- Draft, edit and proofread development office correspondence, communications materials and other written materials as needed.
- Take primary responsibility for organising CrisisCalls (telephonic briefings) in addition to other analyst briefings for Crisis Group donors as needed. Responsibilities include conducting background research for call strategy and content (e.g. themes, speakers, invitees) to present recommendations to Development Officers, arranging logistics, managing invitation lists, drafting copy for invitations, organising registration and coordinating follow-up.
- Provide administrative support for Crisis Group donor events as needed.
- Recruit, train and supervise interns to assist with research on donors and prospects identified as potential sources of funding for Crisis Group, and various administrative functions.
- Based on interest and expertise, the Development Coordinator may assume responsibility for managing a portfolio of donors who give at a lower level to Crisis Group, the management of Next Generation outreach to younger donors, and/or other projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2-3 years professional experience. Experience in the private sector and/or in fundraising/special events with an international organisation is strongly preferred, as is a thorough knowledge of international relations or related fields.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills.
- Solid budgetary skills.
- Outstanding writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Superior attention to detail, high degree of organisation, strong numeracy and problem solving skills, and ability to work well under pressure and to handle multiple, competing demands.
- Excellent computer skills required, including advanced knowledge of Excel, and proficiency with Word, PowerPoint and email platforms. Experience with The Raiser’s Edge, design applications and knowledge of fundraising prospecting and research tools a plus.
- Self-motivated and able to function independently.
- Outstanding professional judgment and demeanor.
- Commitment to Crisis Group’s mission and values;
- Legally authorised to work in the U.S.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org