The intern will support the advocacy unit in the implementation of the advocacy work plan. S/he will contribute to the preparation, organisation and follow up to planned activities and events.
The intern will be part of the Policy and Advocacy Unit and will report directly to the Unit Director.
The intern will develop her/his competences by assisting the Policy and Advocacy Unit:
- Assisting the unit in research and analysis on current and emerging Caritas Europa advocacy themes, according to the Strategic Framework 2011-2020; The person will be mostly working on migration, asylum and development, but may be asked to be involved in other topics (ie. social policy, integration, MFF, etc.);
- Following the development of EU policies and assisting in the drafting of policy updates;
- Taking part in advocacy meetings and conferences, taking minutes, drafting reports;
- Assisting in the drafting of policy position papers and statements and in communications with CE Member Organisations;
- Updating database and dissemination lists;
- Conducting need’s assessment of Action Groups and/or Reference Networks;
- Gathering testimonies/promising practices from Member Organisations;
- Supporting the organisation of Caritas’ events in terms of administration, stage directions, logistics, and reporting;
- Assisting in the drafting and dissemination of conference reports;
- Participating in team and unit meetings and informing the Unit members on progress in fields of work;
- Any other tasks the line manager ascribes.
- Bachelor/Master student/graduate in Political Science, EU/international studies, European Law, Migration/Asylum Policies, Social Policies, Economy, Development, Communication, Administration, Management, or related field;
- Professional (C-1 level) fluency in spoken and written English, preferably with good command in other European language(s), French/German preferred; The working language is English;
- Developed organisational skills with an outgoing attitude;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Reporting skills;
- Self-motivated, helpful and dedicated team player, able to take initiative as part of a small office team;
- Excellent IT and computer skills in all Windows applications;
- Experience or insight into EU institutions and EU-funded projects, or international organisations is an asset.
Please submit a motivation letter (max 1 page) and your CV mentioning in the subject “Policy and Advocacy Internship”.
Interviews of shortlisted candidates will take place during the week 30 July-3 August. We thank in advance all candidates for their interest in this offer.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org