CRDF Global’s Biosecurity practice area seeks a program assistant to support U.S. government funded efforts to promote the safe, secure, and responsible use of biological materials that are at risk of accidental release or intentional misuse. The program assistant will work as part of a team providing administrative support to international scientific and technology-related projects. The successful applicant will bring an attitude of cooperation and collaboration and a strong sense of team work. She/he will display strong organizational and communication skills, including the ability to prioritize competing work assignments.
- Provide administrative support to international biosafety and biosecurity engagement initiatives and international scientific and biological research-related projects.
- Assist team members in managing projects, including preparing project charters, work breakdown structures, schedules, budgets and payout projections.
- Assist in organizing conferences, meetings and trainings, including administrative preparations.
- Maintain records of project impact, including information on projects, proposals, grantees, partners, scientific consultants, and project and program evaluation parameters.
- Conduct directed research on relevant topics.
- Assist the team through input to proposals, monitoring and evaluation efforts, and grant administration through administrative tasks as directed.
- Assist with the preparation of client deliverables, such as weekly schedule updates, biweekly reports and periodic information requests about project activities.
- Oversees information storage to ensure records and databases, including electronic and physical files, are current and complete.
- Support other programs and staff as required.
- 1-2 years’ relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in life sciences, public health or international relations.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and communicate and interact effectively in a team setting
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and various databases.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong writing skills and research skills.
- Experience working in an international organization or other international experience preferred.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Arabic or French language proficiency and/or regional experience in the Middle East/North Africa/Sub-Saharan Africa is preferred.
- Background or experience in monitoring and evaluation is preferred.
- Experience using Microsoft 365 platform and MS Project is preferred.
- U.S. work authorization is required
CRDF Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). CRDF Global provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.
CRDF Global offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply, please complete our online application and include a cover letter and resume.