International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Program Associate
Department/Location: Agriculture & Food Security & Economic, Education & Growth
Reports To: Practice Director
Type: Regular Full-Time
The ideal candidate will support the Program Management and Business Development functions at IBTCI. The successful candidate will work as part of a team supporting field offices and corporate headquarters. Must be fluent in English language, both oral and written, have good liaison skills and full proficiency in MS Office suite including Word and PowerPoint. Excellent communications and interpersonal skills are required. Prior work experience in International Development is a plus. This position will be based primarily in our Headquarters in Vienna, Virginia, with some time in IBTCI’s Washington DC satellite office (The Program Associate practice area could change based on company discretion).
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Prepare request forms for consultants and field staff, corporate subcontracts and purchase orders and review contracts.
- Recruit replacement/additional expatriate and local staff.
- Lead the logistics and the mobilization of staff/consultants, including visa applications and securing necessary documents; coordinating with travel agent on flight and hotel arrangements; ensure local logistics are provided (which may include working with local administrative support for a deployment or activity).
- Provide support to Programs including qualitative analysis, case study review, literature reviews, statistical analysis, collecting and analyzing survey data, conducting program-related research, among other tasks.
- Support business development efforts including recruitment for proposals; proposal management/coordination including deadline enforcement, timeline tracking; drafting requests for information/proposal sections; editing and formatting proposals; scheduling meetings and conference calls for proposals; conducting proposal research as requested.
- Potential travel overseas to support business development and/or program management tasks.
Additional Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and monitor overall program lines of communications.
- Coordinate with HR staff on processing of personnel forms.
- Orient consultant team members to policies and procedures for working with IBTCI.
- Edit/format program reports and other documents as needed.
- Provide document version control, editing, formatting, and review.
- Receive and conduct initial review of Program invoices & expense reports and submit them for approval.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensive electronic filing of project files, organized intuitively so others unfamiliar with the project can easily locate desired files.
- Any Other duties as assigned.
- Previous administrative experience, preferably with USAID-funded projects.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Well-organized, attentive to detail, skilled in setting priorities and meeting deadlines, and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Works well independently and in teams; pro-active in anticipating work requirements and problem solving.
- Experience and/or familiarity with international development preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Experience using the internet for research purposes.
- Oral and written fluency in English required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in international affairs, political science, economics, or related field.
Working Environment: Work is performed in a typical corporate office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Travel: International travel may be required.
Work Authorization: Candidate must be authorized to work in the U.S.A. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org