- Experience implementing DoD acquisition policies, laws, regulations, and guidance required to implement FMS LOAs
- Familiarity with USAF F-15 or F-16 operations, exercises and training, to include Red Flag scheduling
- Familiarity with F-15 or F-16 operations and maintenance support requirements
- US DoD staff experience in a military or civilian capacity
- Professional Military Education through the Intermediate Developmental (O-4) level
- Knowledge and general understanding of USAF roles and missions
- Knowledge and general understanding of security cooperation, international affairs, security assistance, foreign military sales to include the processes, legislation and players.
- Knowledge and understanding of SAF/IA’s role in US Government and International security cooperation community
- Thorough understanding of Military Department Foreign Area Officer Programs, Language and Regional Expertise Planning, International Affairs, USAF Global Partnership Strategy, U.S. Export Control Lawes, regulations and procedures, Pseudo FMS case programming (for Pseudo-FMS Task Orders)
- Analyze existing US military and host nation defense and capability requirements, identify/assess alternative sustainment and enhancement strategies, provide recommendations, and assist in defining requirements for future programs.
- ensure up to date information in the SAF/IA partner capabilities database for assigned programs, countries or regions.
- Travel to Bahrain or Region 1x Monthly for 5 days
- Secret government security clearance
- A Master’s Degree with a desired emphasis in an International Affairs curriculum
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience with demonstrated effectiveness and success in the mission areas below:
A. USAF LOA development, execution and/or portfolio management and/or experience as SAF/IA Country Desk Officer
B. Experience with the weapon systems or support systems of the F-15 or F-16
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and US Government National Disclosure Policy (NDP)
- Industry and their relationship to the pseudo-FMS process
- Demonstrated successful performance in Pseudo-FMS Case development, programming and implementation.
- Fluency or Proficiency in the language of the partner specified in the Call Order.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org