CRS is committed to upholding the safety, protection and dignity of all CRS staff, partners, affiliates, beneficiaries and community members with whom it has contact. Through its human resource initiatives and programming, CRS works to maintain an environment that prevents the abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. In addition the effective application of protection policies, Protection Mainstreaming is seen as a key operational component to Protection against Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA).
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Technical Advisor for PSEA and Protection Mainstreaming will supervise a small team of technical advisors (currently 2 persons) to support CRS and partners to be PSEA compliant and promote protection mainstreaming at the agency level in humanitarian response and recovery programming. The position will also support and guide the effective application of CRS and partners' protection and PSEA policies in the field. This entails working with CRS' Country Programs (CPs) and implementing partners to identify gaps in protection, develop solutions and tools, ensure application of policies, train staff, provide on-the-job support as needed, and to collaborate within the agency to identify potential synergies in the application of protection policies and protection mainstreaming.
- For CRS' emergency response and recovery programs, provide remote and in-country support to ensure PSEA compliance, and affective application of protection mainstreaming knowledge, concepts and tools in ongoing programs and to new program design;
- Leads the development of technical content in proposals to respond to donor solicitations. Reviews proposals to ensure that technical design in PSEA and protection mainstreaming meets sectoral standards;
- Monitor and report on the application and impact of PSEA policies and guidance, and protection mainstreaming in emergency response and recovery programs. Make recommendations to the CRS Country Program (CP) and/or partner for improving and applying best practices in PSEA and protection mainstreaming;
- Evaluate CRS Country programs and partners' capacity in PSEA and protection mainstreaming, and as needed build capacity through training and technical support, especially on strengthening organizational structure in protection;
- Supervise direct reports. Provide guidance, coaching, and performance management for direct reports;
- Support activities of the CRS, CAFOD, Trόcaire and Caritas Australia Protection Mainstreaming Working Group (PMWG);
- Lead in the development of tools and guidance on PSEA and Protection Mainstreaming in coordination with PMWG, HRD/Protection team members and colleagues from other CRS HQ Departments;
- Ensure appropriate use of PSEA and protection mainstreaming tools in responses, and contribute to development and promulgation of agency guidance on PSEA and protection mainstreaming;
- Support Country Programs to operationalize CRS' protection and PSEA policies. Evaluate the effective application of these policies and provide feedback to the Country Program leadership on how to improve and ensure protection policies function and are adhered to;
- Similarly support partners to develop and operationalize protection policies including feedback systems and Code of Conduct, and support the development of systems and practices to ensure effective application of protection policies;
- Document and promote the sharing of learning, best practices and experience on PSEA and protection mainstreaming application within CRS and partners;
- Identify entry points within the agency to further promote protection mainstream and effective application of protection policies;
- In collaboration with HRD Technical Advisors on PSS, provide guidance and orientation on Psychosocial support (PSS), Gender-Based Violence (GBV) and Child Protection;
- As required represent the HRD in CRS Protection working groups, and other internal and external groups working on PSEA and protection mainstreaming.
- Internal: HRD Protection and PSS team, Program Quality, Operations, and Sector Technical Advisors;
- External: Partner staff, PMWG members, international and local non-governmental agencies, members of Protection Mainstreaming technical forums, organizations, and relevant government representatives;
- Supervisory Responsibility: Supervise small team of technical advisors.
- Master's degree in Social Sciences, International Development or another related field;
- Five to 10 year's relevant experience in development/humanitarian response, including in conflict settings;
- Proven understanding and experience in the design and application of PSEA policies and guidance;
- Good knowledge of international PSEA and protection standards;
- Experienced trainer/teacher of adults and multi-cultural groups;
- Demonstrated ability to conduct assessments, develop strategy, write technical papers, develop training materials, and developing monitoring and evaluation tools;
- Ability to work independently but also coordinate effectively as part of a team;
- Ability to lead a multi-cultural team with a high level of respect for local culture;
- Strong analytical and organizational skills;
- Experience with capacity strengthening and partnership building;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and French;
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point).
Accuracy, attention to detail, ability to work effectively in a team environment, ability to work in an atmosphere of multiple projects and shifting priorities,
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org