The European Climate Foundation (ECF) was established in 2008 as a major philanthropic initiative to help Europe foster the development of a low-carbon society and play an even stronger international leadership role to mitigate climate change. The foundation works through several sectoral, cross-cutting and regional initiatives and collaborates with a wide network of partners to advance progress towards this shared goal.
- Grant-making activities and administrative processes: Reviewing grantee proposals; evaluating grantee reports; managing the portfolio and budget overview via the grants management system; working with bespoke grant making and monitoring & evaluating packages;
- Project management: managing and monitoring deliverables and work conducted by a set of grantees and external consultancies by maintaining frequent communication, and ensuring accountability; monitoring and evaluating progress and impact of initiatives and grants; and acting as a liaison to report progress to donors;
- Organisation and coordination: Practical and logistical support, including planning and organising internal and external meetings, drafting/reviewing reports and minutes, helping to prepare presentations to funders, travel logistics, expense reimbursement and invoice processing;
- Financial planning and budget support: Establishing clear and effective budget management and planning systems, to assist with strategic decision making via the grants management system.
She/he will report to the Director for Industry and Innovation.
- 3-4 years’ work experience in finance/administration – ideally in philanthropy, NGO or Government programmes;
- Genuine interest in the mission and values of the organisation, and in supporting a global effort to find alternative energy solutions that are reliable, affordable, and do not emit greenhouse gases;
- Basic understanding of energy, innovation and/or climate change policy, as well as policy implementation challenges;
- Excellent command of the English language (both spoken and written);
- Strong administrative and computer skills (MS Office);
- Proven ability to work well under pressure, take initiative and be a creative problem-solver;
- Proven track record of working in an environment that demands professionalism, discretion and confidentiality;
- An independent self-starter able to work on his/her own as well as part of a team;
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks;
- Enthusiastic personality, with a positive, can-do attitude.
What we can offer you
- The unique opportunity to work as part of a highly dynamic, international group of individuals who combine their passion to make a difference with a rigorous and results-oriented approach to work;
- A full-time position with a 12-months fixed term contract.
Please send your CV and a short cover letter, in English.
Please, indicate ´Recruitment – Associate – Innovation´ in the Subject line. Candidates need to be in the possession of a work permit for the work location in case applicable. Telephone calls will not be forwarded to the recruitment team. Due to the high number of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All applications will be treated confidentially. We will store your information in our internal database unless you specifically request otherwise.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org