Creative is seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for a U.S. Department of State (DOS), funded project proposal that will enhance electoral security and mitigate electoral violence for upcoming local and national electoral events in Libya, in support of the broader political reconciliation process. The COP will be based in Tripoli, Libya, and will have overall technical and management responsibility for the project implementation.
The Chief of Party (COP) will be responsible for overall project implementation, results, quality and timeliness of deliverables, management, and external representation. S/he will:
- Provide overall technical and administrative leadership and expertise for the project and serves as the primary liaison with DOS and other Libyan state and non-state partners on management and technical matters.;
- Develop materials and conduct electoral security management trainings for high-level Libyan state and non-state actors to enhance electoral security and mitigate electoral violence for upcoming local and national elections;
- Supervise project activities implementation and ensure the activities meet the stated goals, outcomes, benchmarks, and reporting requirements;
- Provide strategic vision for the project, ensure compliance with contractual obligations, and will be responsible for coordination among DOS and other key stakeholders;
- The COP should have experience working in complex, politically charged, unstable environments, working across different cultures, and manage diverse teams to deliver impact within agreed timelines across a broad geographic area.
Reporting & Supervision:
This position reports to the Project Director in the CIT Division or his designee.
- Development of strategies(s) to enhance electoral security and mitigate electoral violence for upcoming local and national electoral events in Libya;
- Development and implementation of an overarching Libyan electoral security strategy, corresponding plans, and other complementary programmings in Libya;
- Development of approaches/mechanisms to enhance coordination between Libyan security actors both formal and informal actors that will result in enhanced electoral security management and coordination;
- Provision of technical direction, managerial support and fiscal oversight of contractual deliverables;
- Proactive and dynamic representation of Creative before clients, government partners and other critical audiences; and
- Supervision and nurturing of staff in the field.
- Provide overall management and leadership of technical, administrative, and operational aspects of the project;
- Develop Libya context-specific electoral security management training materials for state and non-state actors;
- Conduct electoral security management trainings to high-level Libyan state and non-state actors to enhance electoral security and mitigate electoral violence for upcoming local and national elections;
- Foster and maintain collaborative relationships with Libyan state security institutions, such as the Government of Libya (GOL), Ministry of Interior (MOI), Ministry of Defense (MOD), relevant non-state actors, the High National Election Commission (HNEC), and external security stakeholders;
- Serve as primary liaison with DOS on management, technical work, and contractual deliverables;
- Lead coordination with DOS, key stakeholders, and other implementing partners; and
- Manage and supervise the work of project personnel and local partners.
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree (or foreign equivalent) in elections management/administration, international relations, other social sciences, or a similar relevant field from an accredited university;
- At least ten (10) years’ experience as a chief of party or in a related management role;
- At least eight to ten (8-10) years of relevant experience working for projects funded by USAID and/or DOS; at least 5 of which should be in a supervisory capacity;
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in designing and establishing electoral security systems and other complementary programmings;
- Three to five (3-5) years of experience working with electoral security programming and/or management;
- Experience with activity design, development, implementation, and comprehensive monitoring and evaluation;
- Previous experience working in Libya or in the region;
- Familiarity and experience working with elections in the region;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and strong analytical capacity; and
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic language is required.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org