IFES is seeking a Program Officer to provide support to IFES’ work in Southeast Asia. Specific duties will include development, technical, administrative and financial management support and oversight. Job Responsibilities: • Engage regularly with Country Directors and local staff to implement projects.
• Achieve project requirements within budget, established time frame, standards of quality, and funder satisfaction.
• Assist with preparing budgets, review and approve field expense reports, wire requests, vendor and consultant payments etc.
• Responsible for critical review and reporting of project financials in partnership with Finance team. Track project activities in line with budget, forecasting and evaluation of burn rate.
• Establish, maintain, and develop productive working relationship with field staff, subordinates, consultants at large, and other departments within IFES HQ.
• Assist with program design, knowledge of IFES systems, tools for project implementation and monitoring.
• Work with Monitoring and Evaluation team to design/determine program indicators, assist with monitoring to ensure activities are meeting indicators.
• Contribute to knowledge management and thought leadership.
• Troubleshoot project problems, identify and implement creative solutions.
• Monitor pending IFES grant/contract actions and coordinate timely action and response.
• Travel to field office to assist with project activities as needed.
• Participate in proposal development/new initiative process.
• Encourage professional developmental of junior program staff. Evaluate performance of supervisee(s), and provide constructive feedback and proactive management. Provide feedback on project team and project performance.
• Support the process of designing and implementing subawards and monitor progress including reviewing deliverables. Work with Contracts and Grants to ensure timely acquisition and delivery of commodities.
• Contribute, coordinate and ensure the quality of monthly/quarterly reports.
• Provide input into annual workplans, PMPs, and other programmatic reports.
• Work with Contracts and Grants to ensure timely acquisition and delivery of services.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s Degree in international relations, political science, international development preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 4 years of overall work experience in the international development sector with NGO experience a plus. Previous experience in Asia highly preferred. Experience with budget management and oversight of large single project or multiple small projects. Supervisory experience a plus.
Related Skills or Knowledge: Experience with program design and project management. Knowledgeable on USAID, DFID, DFAT contracting regulations and procedures preferred. Familiarity with USAID and non-USG structures and personnel as well as other international donors. Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Excel required. Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
Language Skills: English required.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org