3000 people are working 24/7 to protect 1.5 billion citizens. We serve 29 nations by defending its networks, and providing real life support to NATO operations and missions. We connect the Alliance. We are leading IT professionals. We are NCI Agency.
The NCI Agency is looking for an experienced and talented Assistant (Recruitment) to join the Agency’s Talent Management Branch. If you possess experience in supporting a Recruitment Team, we would like to meet you!
Working as part of the wider Talent Management team, we recruit and develop candidates to match the current and future skills of the Agency. In addition, the team is responsible for Performance Management, Learning and Recognition. If appointed in this post, you will join the Agency at an exciting time as Talent Acquisition embarks on a journey to improve our attraction strategy, enhance our employer brand and deliver a positive candidate experience. You will need to possess excellent administration skills, with a flexible and proactive work ethic to support a diverse customer base across multiple geographical locations.
Under the direction of the Section Head, you will perform duties such as the following:
- Deliver a first class end to end recruitment support service delivering talented resource that meets the commercial needs of the business;
- Support a team of technical Recruiters through preparation of vacancy adverts, interview and selection materials and campaign support;
- Brief candidates before interview process and support ‘meet and greet’ activities on day of interviews;
- Assist with the completion of selection and on-boarding documentation;
- Initiate and monitor progress of security clearances;
- Manage the central recruitment mailbox and respond to candidate application queries;
- Represent the recruitment brand of the Agency, delivering a positive candidate experience at all times;
- Project support for volume campaigns and talent pools including project tracking, data management and progress reporting;
- Monitor progress of campaign’s and support recruiters with system updates;
- Process candidate travel expenses;
- Contribute to the development of the overall Talent Acquisition Strategy;
- Make recommendations of continuous improvement opportunities throughout the recruitment process;
- Deputize for higher grade staff, if required;
- Performs other duties as may be required.
We are looking for a candidate with a vocational at higher level in a relevant discipline (normally leading to a professional qualification), or the equivalent combination of qualifications and at least 3 years of experience.
- At least 3 years of relevant administrative or support experience within a Human Resources, recruitment outsourcing or recruitment agency environment;
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite, particularly MS Excel and Outlook;
- Knowledge of e-recruitment or HR management systems, practices and developments;
- Excellent administration, organisational and IT skills.
The ideal candidate will possess some or all of the following:
- Experience of Applicant Tracking Systems;
- Basic knowledge of MS SharePoint;
- Experience or knowledge of online pre-screening tools such as Hirevue, SHL;
- Knowledge of NATO responsibilities and organization, including ACO and ACT;
- Prior experience of working in an international environment comprising both military and civilian elements.
We are looking for a person who demonstrates the following behavioural competencies:
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations - Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction; sets high standards for quality and quantity; monitors and maintains quality and productivity; works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way; consistently achieves project goals;
- Following Instructions and Procedures - Appropriately follows instructions from others without unnecessarily challenging authority; follows procedures and policies; keeps to schedules; arrives punctually for work and meetings; demonstrates commitment to the organization; complies with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role;
- Adhering to Principles and Values - Upholds ethics and values; demonstrates integrity; promotes and defends equal opportunities, builds diverse teams; encourages organisational and individual responsibility towards the community and the environment;
- Planning and Organising - Sets clearly defined objectives; plans activities and projects well in advance and takes account of possible changing circumstances; identifies and organises resources needed to accomplish tasks; manages time effectively; monitors performance against deadlines and milestones;
- Achieving Personal Work Goals and Objectives - Accepts and tackles demanding goals with enthusiasm; works hard and puts in longer hours when it is necessary; seeks progression to roles of increased responsibility and influence; identifies own development needs and makes use of developmental or training opportunities.
- Business travel to NATO and national (NATO and non-NATO) facilities as well as frequent travel between the NCIA offices;
- May be required to undertake duty travel to operational theatres inside and outside NATO boundaries.
- A thorough knowledge of one of the two NATO languages, both written and spoken, is essential and some knowledge of the other is desirable.
NOTE: Most of the work of the NCI Agency is conducted in the English language.
NCI Agency normally offers contracts of employment of a definite duration, not exceeding three years. Contracts may be for less than three years as required to support short-term projects, meet uncertainty with respect to the business outlook, staff performance and other factors.
Definite duration contracts may be extended for further periods. When extending contracts, the following is taken into consideration:
- Renewal is in the interest of the Agency;
- Staff member's desire to remain with the Agency;
- The financial situation provides sufficient funding for the post held;
- The skills, competencies and behaviours, potential and work experience of the staff, versus the requirements of the Agency's work and/or availability of funding;
- Staff member has served the Agency with performance to the required standard as defined by the Agency;
- Staff member's deployability to operational theatre.
Serving civilian members of NATO will be offered a contract in accordance with the NATO Civilian Personnel Regulations.
The first six months of definite duration contracts are a probationary period. During this period the staff member's work is assessed to ensure that he/she has the ability to carry out the duties of the post. At or before the end of the probationary period, the staff member will be notified in writing that the appointment is confirmed or terminated or, in exceptional cases, that the probationary period is extended.
What do we offer?
- Excellent tax-free salary, including (where eligible) expatriation household and children's allowances and additional privileges for expatriate staff;
- Education allowance for children (where appropriate) and an excellent private health insurance scheme;
- Generous annual leave and home leave (if eligible);
- Retirement Pension Plan.
To learn more about NCI Agency and our work, please visit our website.
The Agency’s recruitment team advises you that due to the large volume of applications it receives the screening process may take up to 2 months.
We appreciate your patience.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org