The Development Officer position is a core member of Project Concern International’s (PCI) Development team. S/he will report to the Vice President, Strategic Engagement and work closely with other fundraising officers within the organization. The Development Officer is responsible for his/her own funder portfolio, managing all stages of fund development, including assessment, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship with the expectation of raising or exceeding a personal fundraising goal each fiscal year.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and delivers a comprehensive annual fundraising strategy for his/her portfolio;
- Fundraises for programmatic and unrestricted revenue opportunities using vehicles including, but not limited to, private institutional and corporate foundation grants, US government agreements, etc.
- Performs research to evaluate prospects for foundation and other gifts and grants to ultimately grow portfolio;
- Develops strong relationships with funders through supporting their philanthropy strategy and delivering our mission through personal contacts, communication outreach, presentations other engagement opportunities;
- Collaborates with Directors of Health, Food and Nutrition Security, and Humanitarian Assistance; the Monitoring and Evaluation team; and the Finance and Program Operations Departments to gather information required for applications, including project and program budgets;
- Maintains accurate records with weekly reporting via Salesforce;
- Meets regularly with program staff to gather information and ensure understanding of projects or programs for which funding is sought;
- Writes, edits and submits letters of inquiry, proposals, and donor stewardship updates; and
- Manages and executes the process of compiling, writing and submitting progress reports to grant-making organizations that have funded a project or program.
- Attends meetings, trainings, conferences, and special events as necessary.
- Participate in PCI’s innovation efforts and in teams on innovation initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
Position Parameters/Special Responsibilities Required:
- Ability to travel throughout domestic region approximately 10% of the time.
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field required; Graduate degree preferred
- Minimum of 4-5 years of professional experience with three years specifically in development preferably working with an international development non-profit organization.
- Demonstrated ability to be entrepreneurial in handling multiple tasks and projects, and meeting established goals with specific time frames.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work within a matrixed organization
- Strong computer and research skills.
- Experience with Salesforce a plus.
- Possesses functional knowledge and experience with HTML/CSS
- Ability to research ideas within PCI and compose clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize assignments in a fast-paced environment.
- Exemplary time management and multi-tasking skills necessary to meet deadlines and coordinate multiple projects.
- Ability to work with a diverse constituency of donors representing the corporate and foundation community throughout the San Diego region and beyond.
- Ability to work independently as well as in partnership with staff and volunteers.
- Highly energetic, self-starting, and creative individual who can express ideas, recognize opportunities, and communicate goals and objectives clearly.
- Basic knowledge of accounting and grants management principles.
- National non-profit experience a plus.
- A passion for the mission and values of PCI
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org