Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment? Are you flexible and comfortable with ambiguity? Are these acronyms music to your ears? BIS, OFAC, EAR, CCL, CCATS, ECCN, CBP, HTS, WTO, FTA, FTZ, AD, CVD, CI, COO, IOR, VAT.
With over 100 million subscribers enjoying great content in over 190 countries, it's an exciting time to join Netflix. We are seeking an experienced trade compliance professional to join our growing Regulatory Compliance team and help develop and manage the trade compliance program. The successful candidate will thrive in an environment that values practicality and efficiency over process, and knows how to work with organizations that may not hold the same beliefs.
- Build and implement an efficient framework for a trade compliance program and serve as a subject matter expert for trade compliance matters.
- Provide guidance and partner with various stakeholders across the business to ensure all export/import activities are in compliance with all applicable trade regulations.
- Apply expertise and best practices in import and export operations, determining HTS and ECCN classifications, screening for restricted parties, filing associated shipping and customs documents, and working with customs brokers and freight forwarders.
- Execute deemed export and Technology Control Plan (TCP) objectives.
- Support shipping teams and drive trade compliance initiatives to enable the smooth flow of goods throughout over 100 destination countries.
- Implement vendor management best practices and procedures for 3PLs, freight forwarders, customs brokers, and third party IOR service providers.
- Conduct compliance audits to assess import/export compliance levels across the company.
- 10+ years experience in product and trade compliance regulatory environment, preferably dealing with productions and/or high technology products/services.
- 5+ years experience supporting the implementation or optimization of a global trade compliance program including the deployment of training materials, resources, procedures, and leveraging IT/automation solutions (i.e., GTM or logistics management applications).
- Proven experience with duty drawback, Free Trade Zones (FTZ), and Free Trade Agreements (FTA).
- Familiarity with trade rules and regulations that apply to a wide range of commodities including IT equipment, encryption items, and studio production assets from relevant enforcement agencies in the NORAM, EMEA, APAC, and LATAM regions.
- Ability to identify issues, engage in collaborative projects, strategic thinking, design creative solutions, and provide practical consultation to ensure the import/export compliance program supports business objectives.
- Strong and clear verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines, metrics, and reporting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in supply chain management, international business, international relations, or a related discipline.
- Licensed U.S. Custom Broker (prefered but not required)
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org