Dods is an unrivalled intelligence, media, events and training specialist. Organisations have been turning to Dods for pertinent information on what’s going on in government since we first published the Dods Parliamentary Companion in 1832. We’re committed to impartiality and transparency. Political neutrality is at the heart of everything we do.
The EU Events Team Assistant will support the production and delivery of a wide portfolio of events organised by the Parliament Magazine Events Team. Widely recognised as the magazine by MEPs, for MEPs, the Parliament Magazine organises various policy events, ranging from awards ceremonies to conferences, parliamentary roundtables and receptions.
We are looking for an assistant to support the events team from September 2018 to December 2018.
- To assist in the production and delivery of the Dods/Parliament Magazine events programme;
- Undertake and manage the events team’s logistics, including, but not limited to travel, couriers, hotel bookings, venue sourcing, catering, AV suppliers etc.;
- To assist the team in performing research on a wide range of subjects;
- To assist in the promotion, marketing and awareness of all events activity, internally and externally, through various company platforms;
- To manage the events social media platforms;
- Prepare event materials, including name badges, briefing packs and attendee lists;
- Administrative tasks associated with events delivered within the team;
- Managing email enquiries and RSVPs;
- Assist in the coordination of the build and de-rig of events;
- Other ad hoc duties as and when required by the Event Manager.
The successful candidate will be:
- Hard working and organised with a keen eye for detail;
- Excellent time management;
- An aptitude for conducting complex research;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- A sound understanding of the EU political landscape.
- Previous experience in Events or a similar area of work;
- Knowledge and interest in EU politics;
- Proficiency in English and one other European language (preferably French);
- Ability to present information in a clear and concise manner;
- Capable at engaging with and communicating through social media;
- Ability to multi-task and work on a range of events and projects at any one time;
- Confident and polite on the phone, speaking with Parliamentarians and high-level stakeholders;
- Clear communication skills and approachable manner;
- Patient, level headed and reliable;
- Good attention to detail and able to work to deadlines;
- A team player with good written and oral communication and problem-solving skills;
- Experience in updating websites and a good knowledge of MS Office applications (especially Excel and Word);
- A confident user of Photoshop;
- Available to work beyond the standard schedule (Breakfast briefings, evening receptions).
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
Applicants are asked to send their CV and a covering letter which outlines how you meet the requirements for the role and detailing your experience, by Friday 17 August. Applications without a covering letter will not be considered.
Please include ‘EU Events Team Assistant Application’ in the subject line of the email.
Interviews: On a rolling basis from 3 September
Start date: Monday 10 September
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org