Counterpart International is currently seeking a Regional Director for the MENA region. This is a full-time position based in Counterpart’s home office located in Arlington, VA. This position will report to the Executive Vice President.
The Regional Director (RD) for Africa will serve as a member of the Senior Management Team. He/she will be responsible for winning new work, managing that work by supporting the COP and field teams, and delivering technical leadership to the staff. A HQ-based program management team at HQ supports each of the projects, and the CoPs report directly to the RD. The RD serves as the primary senior level interlocutor between the HQ team and CoPs in the field. The RD provides leadership in specialized content design, implementation, and overall project management. In addition, the RD leads by example—interacting and collaborating across all departments in the organization.
The RD is a critical member of the team responsible for driving revenue growth aligned to Counterpart’s mission. He/she will work with the HQ and field teams to identify opportunities, build strategic partnerships, and disssminate learning and innovation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Regional Director is responsible for the delivery of outcomes in three key pillar areas within his/her regional portfolio: (1) project management and performance; (2) technical expertise to guide program performance and new business, including external relations and strategic partnerships (3) support to new business development.
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in progressive management roles with at least 8 years with organizations implementing USG grants, cooperative agreements or contracts.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in International Relations, International Development, Global Affairs/Policy, Social Enterprise or an equivalent combination of education and demonstrated relevant work experience within the International Development sector.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable Federal government regulations (FAR, AIDAR, CFR, and OMB).
- Five years or more subject matter expertise with proven track record, in one or more of Counterpart’s organizational core competencies
- Prior experience working in Africa or on Africa project(s).
- Experience in all stages of the project lifecycle (e.g. program design, planning, budgeting, impact analysis, new business development, negotiation, etc.).
- Ability to motivate and inspire teams.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; with experience in drafting reports, political briefs, presentations, articles, and talking points.
- Ability to travel internationally, often under conditions of hardship.
- Ability to build and foster collaboration across the organization.
- Masters’ Degree or higher in a relevant field.
- At least 3 years of experience living and working oversees in a management [leadership] role.
- Experience working with the major bi-lateral donor clients other than USG
- Track record in portfolio diversification and successful proposal development
- Track record in financial accountability and responsibility for annual budgets > $40 million
- Proficiency in French and/or Portuguese is highly desirable
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org