- Presents professional television news and programs services which are in line with the standards of the Al Jazeera
- Preparation of news and programs services including interviews. Participates with editorial and production teams & propose aspects of the discussions
- Review news reports, prepares bulletins, and discuss possible changes with news and programs producers
- Master the reading of the script on the camera screen (autocue) or be spontaneous in case of breaking news or technical obstacles.
- Coverage of breaking news and responds to the producers in updating news, and keeping news updated accurately and with credibility
- Professionalism in interviewing guests in the studio or via other media.
- Coordinate with technical and editorial teams to provide news bulletins.
- Keep up with updates of regional and international news and current affairs
- Respond to news room assignments
- Conducting interviews and in-depth dialogues with parties and persons who are editorially needed to be communicated
- In case of field assignment, produce high-quality field reports ready for broadcast
- In the case of field assignment, the ability to get news from its sources in order to achieve editorial excellence of Al Jazeera
- In the case of field assignment, submit proposals for creative stories and reports from the reporting area
- In case of field assignment, present live television interventions with high professionalism.
The minimum is a bachelor's degree in journalism or any related major
At least seven years' professional experience in editorial roles in the newsroom
- Proficiency in Arabic with command of English
Editorial, political and cultural awareness
Proficiency in conducting dialogue and asking questions
- Drafts news and reports appropriately
- Interpret the visuals
- Distinctive voice performance that is confident and able to communicate effectively with audience
- Maintain self-efficacy by controlling emotions in the face of expected pressures when dealing with provocative situations.
- Knowledge of new media platforms
- Understand working within multiple environment and diverse platforms.
- Broad knowledge of current issues and deep awareness of the needs and interests of the audience.
- Work with creative team and respect the views of others that may be conflicting with yours.
- Flexibility and ability to maintain superior performance when exposed to pressure from tight time commitments.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org