The Washington Institute for Near East Policy is a nonpartisan Think Tank focused on advancing a balanced and realistic understanding of American interests in the Middle East. We are currently looking for a full-time Development Assistant in our Washington, D.C. office.
Development Assistant- Fundraising Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to the development department.
- Utilize fundraising database Raiser's Edge, including data entry, running reports and queries.
- Support donor relations through indirect means (mailings, emails, phone calls, etc.).
- Conduct outreach and follow-up, including mailing prospect kits and scheduling meetings.
- Assist with planning and organizing programs and events, both nationally and regionally.
- Identify and conduct research on high net worth prospective donors.
- Foundation Research.
- Utilize events platform, CVENT to create invitations for events and track event rsvps.
- Prepare receipts and acknowledgment letters for all gifts received.
- Grant writing.
- Reconcile financial data on a daily and monthly basis.
- Book travel arrangements.
Requirements for the Development Fundraising Assistant
- BA/BS in development, communications, business or related field preferred
- Strong administrative support skills
- Well-developed customer service orientation
- Ability to work effectively in teams and across organizational lines
- Self-motivated, adept at multi-tasking and prioritizing work
- Experience using Microsoft Office suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strength at building and maintaining relationships
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through
- Interest in the mission of The Institute and the Middle East region
The Washington Institute offers its full-time employees a generous benefits package, including health, dental and vision insurance, life and disability insurance, generous paid time off, and a retirement savings program.
Please note that there is no travel or foreign language requirement related to this position.
Learn more about us at www.washingtoninstitute.org.
If you have nonprofit development experience in fundraising, please submit your resume, salary requirements and a cover letter for consideration. Only applicants submitting the requested information will be considered.
The Washington Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
Please submit a cover letter detailing:
Why do you specifically think you are the right candidate for this position in high-end donor fundraising in a think tank?