CRDF Global's Chemical Security Practice Area is seeking a Program Assistant to work as part of a team supporting U.S. and foreign government efforts to promote safe, secure, and responsible use of hazardous chemical materials at risk of accidental release or intentional misuse.
The Program Assistant will provide administrative support for CSPA and work with team members to assist in research, data collection, maintaining and updating records in various databases, assist with preparation of various documents such as agendas, reports, proposals and grant announcements, organizing international events, meetings, and online trainings, and grant administration.
- Supports the program team(s) on administrative matters (research, deliverables to funder, agendas for meetings, office supply inventories, etc.)
- Manage external files, such as consolidating grantee deliverables or document submission for translation
- Maintains and updates electronic records and file storage, databases, and web-based collaborative platforms
- Drafts correspondence for funder(s), grantees, and vendors
- Assists with collecting narrative and financial data and preparing reports
- Conducts research and collection of external data in support of ongoing projects and potential funding opportunities
- Assists with the monitoring and evaluation of projects
- Supports other programs and staff with administrative tasks, as required
- Two years of relevant work experience in project support, administrative and database/sharing software platforms management
- Associate Degree/2yr college required (communications, liberal arts, etc.); Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with diverse stakeholders
- Ability to work as a member of a team and with multiple levels of internal management and staff, as well as with external clients and vendors
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 programs and ability to work with other programs and databases. Specific skills include but are not limited to:
- Word: advanced knowledge with preferred typing speed of at least 70 words per minute
- Project: basic/intermediate knowledge with experience developing schedules
- Excel: intermediate/advanced knowledge with experience in creating tables, formulas, charts, etc.
- PowerPoint: intermediate/advanced knowledge with experience in formatting, creating charts/tables, etc.
- Adobe Acrobat: intermediate knowledge with creating and editing portable document format (PDF) files
- SharePoint: intermediate/advanced knowledge
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills, and ability to prioritize and keep track of and meet multiple deadlines
- Solid critical thinking, writing and editing skills
- Arabic language skills preferred
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- U.S. work authorization
CRDF Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). CRDF Global provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled status.
CRDF Global offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply, please complete our online application and include a cover letter and resume.