The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world’s most iconic teaching and research institutions. Since 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world. Berkeley’s culture of openness, freedom and acceptance—academic and artistic, political and cultural—make it a very special place for students, faculty and staff.
Berkeley is committed to hiring and developing staff who want to work in a high performing culture that supports the outstanding work of our faculty and students. In deciding whether to apply for a staff position at Berkeley, candidates are strongly encouraged to consider the alignment of the Berkeley Workplace Culture with their potential for success at http://jobs.berkeley.edu/why-berkeley.html.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: August 31, 2018.
The International Relations program requires high-level, comprehensive support for the Assistant Vice Chancellor and two associate directors who secure philanthropic support among international major gift donors and provide engagement opportunities for international alumni around the world. The position involves designing, developing, delivering and administering fundraising and alumni relations programs that build a visible and recognizable presence for UC Berkeley internationally.
International Alumni Relations Support: In conjunction with the associate director, develop, plan, implement, and evaluate international club programs and events that involve alumni, parents, students, and donors, to effectively integrate the university’s strategic messages, objectives, and fundraising priorities.
• Provide event planning support.
• Help manage International Relations’ social media presence.
• Engage with internal and external constituents and follow up on queries and projects, as needed.
• Assist in maintaining International Relations’ website and Berkeley Alumni Clubs’ web pages.
• Set up and send e-communications on behalf of International Relations and Berkeley Clubs via Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC)
International Fundraising Support: In conjunction with the associate director, develop, plan, implement, and evaluate an international fundraising program that effectively integrates the university’s strategic plans and fundraising priorities.
• Support and maintain the department’s major gift pipeline.
• Support the preparation of gift and pledge agreements, and new funds.
• Communicate directly with donors about their gift transactions, as necessary.
• Coordinate the preparation of donor stewardship communications.
• Run monthly and annual reports to track international gifts and pledges. On an annual basis, report and analyze international fundraising totals, identifying new trends and opportunities.
• Prepare and maintain current student admissions and alumni data on a per country basis.
• Coordinate department’s membership with third party wealth database vendor and ensure that this campus resource is used productively to support the unit’s prospect research efforts.
• Use UC Berkeley’s alumni database (CADS) to perform inquiries, enter and retrieve data, calculate fundraising totals, and manipulate and present data in end-user applications (Word and Excel).
• Support the Chancellor’s and Assistant Vice Chancellor’s international travel.
• Support the preparation of briefings for meetings of the Chancellor’s and other campus leadership.
• Prepare and keep updated international prospect lists for regions where the Assistant Vice Chancellor travels.
• Prepare complex travel and entertainment reimbursement requests and expense reports and submit for processing.
• Prepare purchase and work orders, track payables and receivables, and follow up as necessary.
• Provide administrative support and assist with special project, as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training
• Working knowledge of fundraising, donor relations and public relations concepts, principles, procedures and techniques.
• Working knowledge of UC Berkeley, its vision, mission, goals, objectives, achievements and infrastructure.
• Working knowledge of applicable laws, rules, regulations, policies, etc.
• Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships, both with colleagues throughout campus and with external constituencies.
• Excellent organizational, analytical and critical thinking skills.
• Ability to use discretion and good judgment in working with highly sensitive and confidential information.
• Ability to work successfully in teams and under own initiative.
• Ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously and to meet deadlines efficiently.
• Strong computer skills (MS Office), with a proven ability to learn new technical skills quickly and proficiently
Salary & Benefits
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org