Applicants with experience or interest in public relations, communications, international affairs, and public policy. Prior experience in energy is not required.
As a Public & Government Affairs (P&GA) Intern, you will manage a specific project portfolio covering internal and/or external communications. Interns will have the opportunity work in a variety of expertise areas, including global operations, media, communications, corporate branding/advertising, public policy, and corporate citizenship, among other areas. On each team, a premium is placed on strong writing skills. Interns will be able to create real-world communication products throughout their assignment.
Location: Interns will be located in Houston, Texas
Responsibilities may include
- Advise and develop day-to-day internal and external communications plans to meet business objectives.
- Develop social media strategy for key business lines.
- Draft external communication materials: digital media, fact sheets, pamphlets, etc.
- Support internal communications through a variety of mediums: employee forums, newsletters, video production, intranet sites, publications, etc.
- Support corporate citizenship and sustainability programs.
- Ensure that an integrated approach is considered for all communications, with consistency across all mediums (digital/traditional).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (ability to understand and communicate complex issues); solid understanding of AP Style.
- Current enrollment in a related bachelor’s degree or graduate program: business, media (journalism or communications), public policy/political science, and international studies backgrounds preferred but not required.
- Previous internship or other experience in business, public relations, media, government, or policy.
- Varied communications experience including writing and editing, for print/digital media
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and stakeholders.
Successful candidates may have experience in the following or similar areas
- Journalism – local, wire or national news organizations
- U.S. Government – Senate, House of Representatives, Departments of State/Trade/Energy; or state government experience
- Public relations/advertising agency or corporate experience for brands or companies
- Advising business strategy for large national/multi-national brands/companies
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org