Blumont is looking to hire a Country Lead for an anticipated five-year USAID-funded RISE II Resilience and Natural Resources Management Activity in Centre Nord region of Burkina Faso and the Maradi and Zinder regions of Niger. The Activity targets strengthening the resilience of selected communes in both countries and building local and national capacities to withstand shocks and crises resulting from the impacts of climate change and socio-economic stressors, and to achieve long-term development progress. Activity implementation is expected to begin in 2019.
The Country Lead will work under the direct supervision of the Chief of Party (CoP) and with the project team including technical experts, and finance and administration staff. The Country Lead will support the CoP in delivering project outcomes and maintaining oversight of activities across target geographies in Burkina Faso. S/he will deputize the CoP in her/his absence as assigned by the CoP.
- The Resilience in the Sahel Enhanced (RISE) project was developed in 2012 to implement USAID’s resilience programming in Niger and Burkina Faso. The second phase, RISE II, continues the same efforts, but with a refined approach;
- The RISE II goal is that: Chronically vulnerable populations in Burkina Faso and Niger, supported by resilient systems, (can) effectively manage shocks and stresses and pursue sustainable pathways out of poverty. RISE II targets strengthening the resilience of selected communes in both countries and building local and national capacities to withstand shocks and crises resulting from the impacts of climate change and socio-economic stressors, and to achieve long-term development progress;
- The RISE II results framework includes three intermediate results (IRs) under Objective 1 (Enhance social and ecological risk management systems) that together will help achieve the underlying basis for resilience. These are:
- Improved water security;
- Enhanced sustainable productive land use;
- Improved management of shocks, risks, and stresses.
Activity implementation is expected to begin in 2019 and is contingent upon donor (USAID) funding.
Other duties include:
- Support the CoP in overall project management and in overseeing the quality of outputs, cost-effectiveness, and timeliness delivery of targets;
- Apprise the CoP of all program management and implementation issues and work with her/him to identify solutions;
- Support in the preparation of project implementation and annual plans and budgets and oversee the quality of reporting;
- Support in representing the project before host governments, donor and project stakeholders;
- Assists in the management of the project in all respects particularly public relations, communications of project information and results to the donor, the host government, project partners, and stakeholders to allow for informed decision making and a country-led initiative;
- Facilitate the learning process through utilizing lessons learnt to improve performance and promote best practices and communicate such lessons to concerned staff in a timely and effective fashion;
- Coordinate with field teams to maintain flow of information to project management teams and ensure needed evaluations and studies are carried out;
- Support in public relations and identification of cooperation opportunities;
- New business-related tasks for Blumont.
- Advanced degree in water engineering, water resources, environmental sciences, development economics, natural resource management, or a relevant social sciences or water and sanitation related field preferred;
- At least 10 years of professional experience in international development projects, with 5 years of experience in management positions in US Government-funded projects;
- Previous managerial experience is highly preferred;
- Fluency in French and English required;
- Strong knowledge of USAID rules, regulations, and reporting requirements;
- Strong leadership skills;
- Excellent communications skills.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org