Do you have a passion for global education and international exchange? Are you looking to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with talented people who share a global vision?
Global Glimpse is a visionary nonprofit that inspires America’s next generation to become responsible global citizens through after school workshops and 16-day immersion programs in Latin America. Started in the San Francisco Bay Area in 2007, Global Glimpse has grown to partner with 65 high schools and serve 1,000 students annually across the Bay Area, Chicago, New York, and Western Massachusetts. We run programs in 15 international sites across Latin America. Through a sliding fee model, Global Glimpse works to make experiential global education accessible to students from all socioeconomic backgrounds; the majority of our students come from low-income families and underserved communities. Our mission is to give all youth an opportunity to gain a broader perspective of the world and develop the motivation, skills, and confidence to tackle challenges in their local and global communities.
The Western Mass Part-Time Program Associate position will be responsible for all administrative and logistical aspects of the Western Massachusetts partner school program. This role will be in charge of hitting student recruitment and revenue goals at four partner high schools in Western Massachusetts as well as facilitating GG Leader trainings and running the alumni ambassador program. This is an opportunity to get hands-on experience in a fast-paced, highly successful, growing international non-profit organization.
Program Management (70-80%)
● Support all aspects of the regional Partner School Program and be responsible for full program lifecycle including volunteer teacher recruitment and training, student recruitment, payment administration, after school workshops, and preparing the students and teacher leaders for summer programs in Latin America
● Recruit independent trip leaders to support the Global Glimpse program if necessary.
● Manage all background checks and school regulations
● Lead volunteer trainings, student recruitment presentations, and parent orientations
● Support program expansion to new schools in the Western Massachusetts region
● Run the Alumni Ambassador Program (for high school seniors) including facilitating 5 Saturday Summits that empower students to support the program at their schools and help them to continue to develop as young leaders.
Administrative Duties (20-30%)
This role will manage these duties for the Western Mass program and support administrative tasks for programs in New York.
● Process student applications
● Cross check tax documents and approve scholarship allocation
● Process student deposits & student payments
● Prep materials for teacher trainings, student recruitment presentations, and parent orientations
● Prepare and send general program communications and respond to student/parent/teacher questions
● Passion for international education and youth development
● Knowledge of the regional education system, strong network in the region
● Bachelor's degree in international relations, international education or related field preferred but not required
● Self-motivated and adaptable - can work successfully in an independent environment, as well as in a small team environment
● Experience in the non-profit sector preferred, but not required
● Experience working with youth preferred, but not required
● Experience living and working in the developing world
● Strong public speaking and interpersonal skills
● Ability to work with diverse students, teachers, and families
● Ability to engage professionally with parents, educators, and other external stakeholders
● Highly organized, strong time management skills, ability to multitask
● Experience with payment tracking, accounting, and budget management preferred, but not required
● Strong writing and editing skills
● Skilled in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Salesforce, Mailchimp
Please send resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please indicate how you learned of the opening and provide contact information for 3 references.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org