The Bureau of Diplomatic Security (DS) is the security and law enforcement arm of the U.S. Department of State (the Department). DS is a world leader in international investigations, threat analysis, cyber security, counterterrorism, security technology, and protection of people, property, and information. Its primary mission is to provide a safe and secure environment for the conduct of U.S. foreign policy. The Office of Security Technology (ST) supports the DS mission through the application and use of appropriate technical security countermeasures.
The Countermeasures Program (CMP) and Security Technology Operations (STO) divisions are operational components within ST. CMP is primarily responsible for worldwide technical countermeasures policy for the Department. Countermeasures policies enforce the protection of sensitive and classified information. CMP also manages the overseas technical surveillance countermeasures (TSCM) program.
- Responsible for monitoring Diplomatic Facility intrusion detection systems worldwide.
- Produce current crisis and term intelligence assessments on international security issues.
- Responsible for processing, handling, managing, and disseminating classified information.
- Support a 24 hour, 7 days a week crisis contingency operations center.
- Present complex and sensitive products/software to a variety of senior decision makers and other executive audiences within the Department of State, Law Enforcement Community, and other government agencies.
Knowledge and Skills
- Must be detail-oriented and will be accountable for a high standard of precision in their work product.
- Position requires motivation and the ability to work effectively in a demanding, time sensitive and often times charged environment.
- Must demonstrate a good attitude and be capable of maintaining individual skill sets.
- Must have basic skills using Microsoft Suite of products (including Word, Excel, and Outlook) and be able to learn new software as situation dictates.
Experience and Education
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must have 2 years of intelligence or counterintelligence analysis experience or must have worked in a related security or computer science field.
- Prior military experience is preferred.
- The ideal candidate will have had experience as a Marine Security Guard or duty in a watch operations center.
- Geospatial imagery experience is a plus as is experience with VSOC software.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
- Normal office environment
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org