At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
This role will lead the development and management of a best in class global export licensing and authorization program for FLIR Systems. The Senior Director, Global Export Licensing will work closely with government and business stakeholders to ensure FLIR is maximizing its freedom to compliantly operate in multiple jurisdictions through strategic export licensing and authorization management.
- Leads the development, implementation and management of FLIR’s global export licensing and authorization procedures, processes and tools.
- Acts as FLIR’s key subject matter expert on licensing and authorization matters related to the ITAR and EAR.
- Cultivates positive relationships with global regulators on licensing related matters.
- Leads team of seasoned licensing professionals to ensure efficiency, compliance and management of all aspects of FLIR’s export licensing and authorization program.
- Monitors regulatory changes and oversees necessary programmatic updates based on such changes.
- Provides business stakeholders with timely, accurate and thorough updates on licensing status and metrics.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Bachelor’s degree in International Relations/Business or associated discipline.
- Requires minimum of 15-20 years of experience in a global company managing ITAR, EAR and EU licensing requirements.
- Demonstrated success in leading a global team of licensing professionals inclusing remotely based individuals.
- Requires through knowledge of all aspects of the ITAR and the EAR, including commodity jurisdiction and classification; licensing and exemptions; Technical Assistance Agreements and other agreements; foreign national licensing; technical data controls; reporting; and other US export control requirements.
- Requires attention to detail, solid analytical/problem solving skills and experience in advising global business operations on ITAR compliance and other complex regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Requires demonstrated success in working with DDTC, DTSA and other Government agencies on a wide range of regulatory and technical issues, and the ability to develop and maintain strong professional working relationships with Government agencies and officials and with industry counterparts.
- Requires ability to navigate and work cross-functionally in a global, matrixed organization.
- Must possess excellent written/oral communications and presentation skills and sound business judgment.
- Experience leading/managing a global export licensing program while under a U.S. State Dept. consent agreement is strongly preferred.
- Experience with OCR system and/or SAP Global Trade (GTS) module is a plus.
- Travel is approx. 20-25%
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org