THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 5 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a STRAT PLANS & TRNG OFFICER (Title 5, G5), Position Description Number NGT5911700 and is part of the MI JFHQ Army, National Guard.
This position is located at This position is located in the Joint Force Headquarters-State (JFHQ-State), Strategic Plans and Training Directorate (J-5/7).
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as the Officer over Strategic Plans and Training for the JFHQ-State. The incumbent is responsible for strategic planning for current and future military strategies, developing joint integration plans, joint training joint Professional Military Education and exercise programs, and to develop the action plans to implement approved joint strategies for the department. Provides information, analysis, guidance, and recommendations on matters regarding joint policy and joint force development; supporting strategic planning; execution of National Guard positions regarding international affairs issues; joint doctrine; professional development; joint training exercises; and assessment. Serve as the primary advisor to the Adjutant General and the Chief of the Joint Staff for the formulation of strategic plans, policies, international affairs, joint training, and force development.
1. Serves as the primary staff director for developing joint integration plans, joint training, joint Professional Military Education and exercise programs, and to develop the action plans to implement approved joint strategies for the department.
2. Serves as the senior strategic and long-range planner and consultant responsible for developing the Joint Force Headquarters-State view of the future and implements detailed strategic policy, plans, initiatives and concepts related to war fighting, theater security cooperation, international relations, federal and state homeland security, civil support missions, and selected other activities for the entire organizations based on broad guidance from higher headquarters and specific guidance from the Adjutant General and Chief of the Joint Staff.
3. Reviews Department of Defense (DoD), Department of the Air Force (DAF), Department of the Army (DA), National Guard Bureau (NGB), Army National Guard (ARNG), Air National Guard (ANG) and other agency planning documents (i.e. National Military Strategy, Defense Planning Guidance, Quadrennial Defense Review, etc.)
4. Conducts and oversees the completion of detailed studies in response to the state Adjutant General and Chief Joint Staff requests and prepares executive summaries, information papers and briefings for internal and external audiences.
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
Conditions of Employment
Verbiage displayed on your resume or application must contain your own words. You may refer to position descriptions, i.e. the general and specialized experience located within the vacancy announcement, to assist with describing work experiences; however, resumes or applications received in verbatim will not be considered. In your resume you will need to address the general and specialized experience listed below. Please use as much detail as needed, giving dates (months and years) of the experience, position title and how the experience was gained. This information is needed to determine if you are qualified for the position.
GENERAL EXPERIENCE: Your Resume must list some experience in each of these areas: Experience, education or training in managing or directing, one or more programs, including appropriate supporting service organizations. Supervisory, managerial, professional or technical work experience and/or training which has provided knowledge of management principles, practices, methods and techniques. Experience using computer and automation systems.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Your Resume must show at least [ 36 ] months in each of the following areas: Must have at least 36 months experience analyzing problems, identifying significant factors, gathering pertinent data and recognizing solutions; preparing reports, plans, policies and various correspondence; evaluating objectives and develop plans to facilitate the availability and effective utilization of various resources; Must have knowledge of the organization and its mission and utilized the organizational staff procedures. Experience applying analytical and evaluative techniques to issues or studies concerning the efficiency and effectiveness of program operations carried out by administrative or professional personnel, or substantive administrative support functions.
You must provide transcripts or other documentation to support your Educational claims. To receive credit for Education, you must provide documentation of proof that you meet the Education requirements for this position.
Substitution of Education for specialized experience - Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in any field leading to a bachelor's degree, in an accredited college or university, meets the GS-5 level requirements. (Creditable for 6 months of specialized experience)
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org