Graduate Student Internships at Democracy International (DI) provide unique opportunities for motivated students to learn from our innovative global work and international development expertise. We routinely host interns with diverse backgrounds who are passionate about democratic development, international politics, human rights, peacebuilding, and governance. The internship is located in Bethesda, Maryland (metro accessible) and is 20-24 hours per week.
The intern will provide programmatic and administrative support by performing the following duties:
- Researching about politics, governance and elections in foreign countries;
- Report writing and editing;
- Preparing proposals and budgets;
- Reconciling expenses;
- Assisting with office administration;
- Managing logistics for foreign travel;
- Communicating with overseas consultants and staff members; and
- Attending lectures and other events.
- Strong organizational and writing skills;
- Efficiency and attention to detail;
- Coursework/demonstrated interest in international affairs, area studies, comparative politics or international development;
- Commitment to democracy and human rights;
- Ability to work in small office with other staff members on multiple, simultaneous projects;
- Computer skills, including Word and Excel;
- Coursework in Statistics and/or Accounting desirable; and
- Foreign language skills and international experience a plus.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the United States at time of application. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org