Do you want to make a difference? Join the world’s largest humanitarian network. The Canadian Red Cross Society, a not for profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping the most vulnerable in Canada and throughout the world, is currently seeking a Senior Advisor, Global Health Policy.
Reporting to the Director, Global Health Unit (GHU), International Operations (IO) the Senior Advisor, Global Health Policy provides strategic leadership support around and in consultation with Director GHU to ICRC Health and IFRC Health & Care Director.
The Director, GHU promotes the proactive engagement with relevant partners and leads the GHU team to provide research, technical advice, material and representation to support an expanded leadership role for the Canadian Red Cross in Canada and globally towards improving access to essential health care in emergencies, recovery and longer-term development, particularly in countries affected by conflict and crises.
The Senior Advisor, Global Health Policy supports the Director to advance key external relationships with the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement, the Government of Canada, Canadian and other international leaders in global health. The Senior Advisor also works collaboratively with other CRC teams and health team at IFRC to ensure health policy analysis and advocacy messaging is evidence-based and consistently advanced throughout Movement, donor, public, government and global relationships.
About the Canadian Red Cross (CRC): http://www.redcross.ca/
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ORGANIZATION
- An advanced university degree in global health programing/policy or related field (International Relations, health planning, etc)
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, UN institutions, Government of Canada and International Multilateral Institutions
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Global Health Research
- At least 10-15 years of progressive mix of international program delivery and policy analysis, preferably in the field of health in resource-poor or fragile settings
- At least five years’ experience in women and children’s health at the policy and/or technical level
- Proven Global Health Research experience
- At least five -years’ experience providing advice to senior/executive leadership.
- Proven ability to collaborate effectively with multiple teams
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, interpersonal, presentation and influencing skills to interface effectively with diverse internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Superior analytical skills with the ability to interpret complex information and communicate it to a variety of audiences and demonstrated ability of positively influencing program implementation
- Resilience and adaptability to changing circumstances and an evolving environment
- Displays a commitment to gender equality and social inclusion
- Commitment to the Principles of the Red Cross Movement.
WHAT MAKES YOU GREAT
- Medical or nursing degree is definite asset
- Experience within the Red Cross movement is a definitive asset
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills in English are essential and French is highly desirable
Most of the work is performed in a clean and comfortable environment
- Ability to work non-traditional hours on short notice
- Occasional travel within Canada and internationally
- Must be able to obtain medical clearance for international travel
WHAT WE OFFER
- Various learning and networking opportunities worldwide
- Employees Extended Healthcare and Dental plans
- Registered Retirement Pension Plan (RPP)
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP): All employees are entitled to open a RRSP account through voluntary payroll deduction the first of the month following three months of continuous employment
- Gym and shower facilities
- Conveniently located in the heart of the city of Ottawa with excellent access to public transportation
- Modern and flexible working environment that promotes diversity, and allows telecommuting.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org