The Jr. Proposal Manager will support proposal development work across the full life cycle of new business development for opportunities $1M+ from capture to proposal submission. This is a great opportunity for a dynamic multitasker interested in a career growth opportunity with the Business Development team.
You need 2-3 years of experience in international development and versed in basic proposal structure and packages for USAID, USDA, DOL and other donors. You will lead a team of proposal service providers, internal and external staff, responsible for multiple aspects of proposal development and submission. Join a passionate and growing team in our metro accessible offices in Crystal City.
• Contributes to Winrock’s proposal development process to meet organization’s strategic and annual new business goals. Develops and maintains Winrock proposal processes, systems, tools, and disseminates best practices.
• Ensures timeliness and compliance of proposals by managing proposal calendars, compliance checklists, trackers etc.
• Oversees collection and completion of all proposal components (technical, financial, management, annexes, cost share) working in collaboration with Programs, Operations and partners.
• Support Program Groups to engage with partners and negotiate roles/scopes of work in teaming agreements, technical inputs, deliverables, and budget targets. Ensures timely submissions from partners for proposals.
• Support HR and Programs with recruitment activities preparing necessary paperwork, developing technical skills matrices and customizing CVs.
• Lead meetings and conference calls with expanded proposal teams, including Programs, Operations, consultants and partners ensuring adherence to proposal calendar deliverables.
• Prepare and lead post-submission evaluation sessions to glean lessons learned including obtaining feedback from donors.
Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Specialized training or certification in Proposal Management or equivalent experience is desired.
Experience: 1-2 years of related experience preferred to perform the Major Responsibilities of the position. Knowledge of and foreign assistance and other grant funding requirements is desired.
Skills: Good time management and organizational skills; excellent English language writing and communication skills; Proficiency with Microsoft power point, word processing and spreadsheet software are required and editing/formatting/graphics, desktop research skills are desired.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org