AKF (India) is seeking an enthusiastic and entrepreneurial Programme Officer for Early Childhood Development who will work with the Senior Programme Officer, Education and other colleagues to realize AKF’s expanding ECD strategy. The Programme Officer is expected to establish new programmes, take existing work to scale, document lessons and models for replication, increase AKDN’s profile and influence, and strengthen all aspects of programme design, implementation, and monitoring.
This role will be demanding and fast-paced, with opportunities for collaboration across the programme team of AKF in India and globally, as well as with other AKDN agencies in India. For the right individual, this will provide an exciting opportunity to shape AKF (India)’s work in ECD across states, and raise AKF’s profile on ECD nationally.
The Programme Officer, Early Childhood Development (ECD), will be responsible for providing support for implementing AKF’s Education strategy across its target geographies, with a special focus on Early Childhood Development. Other key responsibilities include monitoring, grant management and resource mobilization for the various education programmes.
Technical support (30%):
- Provide technical support to all state teams towards implementation of Early Childhood Development programmes;
- Design and deliver trainings to build capacity of the field teams, and develop their capacity as trainers on different aspects of ECD, including but not limited to pre-school education and responsive caregiving;
- Design training programmes for government functionaries and frontline workers (primarily Anganwadi workers and ASHAs), and support field teams in the delivery of such trainings;
- Design new interventions in ECD that are required by the community, and in alignment with AKF’s strategy and national priorities;
- Document learnings and best practices from field implementation, and facilitate cross learning between state teams.
Government liaison and partnerships (10%):
- Identify and work with various education stakeholders at the national and state levels, and support the development of technical partnerships and collaborations.
Programme Management (25%):
- Undertake regular field visits to monitor project progress ensure quality and support field teams in devising course corrections;
- Ensure that field implementation is in line with approved strategies and implementation approaches;
- Assist state teams in preparing annual work plans and budgets;
- Support the development of M&E systems and track implementation progress regularly.
Grant management (25%):
- Support resource mobilization for the education portfolio, including the development of presentations, project briefs, funding proposals and detailed budgets;
- Support the development of donor progress reports, both technical and financial;
- Assist in the timely execution of grant management procedures, in conformity with AKF and donor agency guidelines.
Other activities (10%):
- Organize planning meetings, workshops, conferences, and project visits for internal or external groups, as required;
- Help coordinate partner engagement, knowledge management, and external communications at AKF (India) and with other AKDN agencies.
- Master’s or postgraduate degree in education, social sciences or relevant field;
- Minimum seven years of relevant professional experience within the education sector, especially in implementing and/or managing Early Childhood Development programmes; understanding of health and nutrition-related aspects for the 0-3 age group is desirable;
- Good understanding of government policies and programmes on early childhood development. Experience in the design and delivery of training programmes;
- Ability to design Monitoring & Evaluation frameworks for education programmes;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Hindi;
- Analytical, articulate and well versed with the subject to communicate effectively and succinctly with a wider audience;
- Good data analysis and presentation skills. Proficiency in MS PowerPoint, Word and Excel is required. Knowledge of other statistical software like R, SPSS, Stata, is desirable;
- Conversant with emerging technologies in the education and development sector;
- Solution-oriented, creative and needs to be comfortable dealing with ambiguity;
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills – needs to work in horizontal, cross-functional teams across departments and institutions;
- Ambitious, energetic, and hard-working professional committed to improving lives among India’s most marginalized communities. Must share a sense of urgency about development.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org