Do you want to make a difference? Join the world’s largest humanitarian network. The Canadian Red Cross Society, a not for profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping the most vulnerable in Canada and throughout the world, is currently seeking a Surge Program Officer- Emergency Programming.
Under the directions of Manager, Emergency Programming. the position will support the development, implementation, management, monitoring and reporting of all CRC projects in protracted conflict, fragile settings, and in early recovery programming, including support to project design and proposals, financial tracking, delegate deployments and information management. The Officer must be willing and able to travel to insecure and sometimes conflict-affected places as required
The Surge Program Officer will contribute to the success of the matrix model, agility of the organization, delivering against the One Red Cross vision and interoperability, implement innovations/learning within programs, ensure robust risk management and personnel wellbeing of direct reports.
About the Canadian Red Cross (CRC): http://www.redcross.ca/
- The majority of the work is performed in a clean and comfortable environment.
- May include long to moderate hours sitting and using computers and office equipment.
- May be required to some light lifting of supplies and materials from time to time up to 20kg (or another weight).
- Ability to work non-traditional hours on short notice.
- Ability to work in stressful and often ambiguous conditions.
- This position may require domestic or overseas travel to attend conferences, workshops and meetings as required.
- If required, and eligible, periodic travel to country operations may be required. Field missions can involve working in environments that are unstable and with unpredictable access to basic services in emergency contexts and requiring very strict adherence to security regulations.
- Must be able to be Medical Cleared for travel in accordance with established CRC Medical criteria in positions where travel will be required.
- Successfully complete a Canadian criminal record reference check and vulnerable sector check.
- University Degree in International Development, Humanitarian Studies or other related field experiences
- 3-5 years experience in emergency, early recovery and/or development program environments
- Experience in working with cross-functional teams and delivering results in a matrix environment
- Experience developing successful proposals for submission to the Government of Canada and other donors
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English; French/Spanish or other language strong asset
- Strong skills in internet research
- Proved analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Ability to travel
- Resilience and adaptability to changing circumstances and an evolving environment
- Commitment to the Principles of the Red Cross Movement
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org