The European Youth Forum (YFJ) is the leading organisation advocating for rights of young people. We are a Platform of Youth Organisations, independent, democratic and youth-led, we represent 104 National Youth Councils and International Youth Organisations from across the Continent. The Youth Forum works to empower young people to participate actively in society to improve their own lives, by representing and advocating their needs and interests and those of their organisations towards the European Institutions, the Council of Europe and the United Nations.
The European Youth Forum is looking for a Fundraising Officer to join the Administrative & Finance Department. The Fundraising Officer will work under the supervision of the Administrative & Finance Director.
● Develop, implement and monitor the organisation’s Fundraising Strategy.
● Develop internal procedures and templates to reinforce the coherence and standardisation of the organisation’s fundraising policy.
● Ensure that new funding opportunities are identified (both in public and private sectors).
● Write effective fundraising applications in response to calls for proposals from donors; support the development of budgets.
● Develop promotional materials for prospective donors, in collaboration with the Communications Team.
● Keep the organisation up-to-date on changing donor priorities.
● Establish and maintain good relationships with existing and potential donors.
● Represent the organisation at meetings with (potential) donors and during external events.
● Prepare and gather reporting data in close collaboration with the Policy and Advocacy team and other departments when necessary.
● Coordinate the preparation of reports against agreed financial targets, operational activities and annual objectives.
● At least 5 years experience working as Fundraising Officer or in developing a Fundraising strategy.
● Proven experience in writing multiple, detailed and compelling funding applications.
● Proven experience in soliciting funds from diverse sources (public and private sectors).
● Proven success of generating substantial funds.
● Experience in new ways of fundraising an advantage (eg, crowdfunding).
● Experience working in a multicultural environment.
● Excellent diplomatic and marketing skills.
● Excellent communication skills in spoken and written English and French.
● Good understanding of the international non-profit associations‘ environment and experience working in a multicultural environment.
Job related skills
● Strong presentation, writing and reporting skills.
● Strong communication and negotiation skills.
● Ability to analyse, interpret as well as communicate data and financial information.
● Ability to work with agreed deadlines.
● Strong sense of ownership for quality of work and deliverables.
● Organised and demonstrate a high level of attention to details.
● Ability to get people on board.
● Dynamic, persistent and result oriented.
● Sociable, service oriented and at ease in a multicultural environment.
● Proactive, critical, flexible and solution oriented.
● Ability to work independently and as part of a team on a common project.
● Ability to work under pressure, manage challenging workload and tight deadlines.
● Ability to master new technical and organisation concepts and information.
● Ability to multi-task and coordinate several projects simultaneously.
● Excellent time-management and organisation skills.
● Excellent written - verbal and good digital communication skills.
● Good working knowledge of G-suite and Mac environment.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org