To properly apply for this position, please include a cover letter.
International SOS and Control Risks are looking to hire a Regional Security Manager to provide client-facing support for our suite of travel risk management solutions and the delivery of security consulting and training. The position is based in Los Angeles, California and will support the company’s U.S. West Region. The individual will drive business development to International SOS and Control Risks distribution channels and provide operational support in order to increase customer satisfaction and profitable growth in West Region.
- Drive security revenue growth in the West Region (US) through strong collaboration with Intl. SOS sales and marketing teams with a focus on three key areas: penetrating, expanding and protecting key accounts.
- Provide close support to regional sales staff (meetings, marketing events, seminars) and assist in explaining the positioning of travel security services to clients and prospects across the region.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Provide local market, customer and competitor insight.
- Conduct regular (at least monthly) sales and pipeline meetings with regional members of the region sales teams and leadership. Develop and manage an independent consulting and training sales pipeline in order to achieve assigned targets.
- Support the sales administration function, including sales support performance reporting, consulting and training delivery reporting and monthly financial reporting.
- Support the development of proposals and service delivery contracts in conjunction with other stakeholders. Manage security input into complex tenders and negotiations.
- Represent International SOS amongst key industry groups and at association functions.
- Act as the lead travel security subject matter expert for all clients managed in the South Atlantic Region. Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors.
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of solutions according to customer needs/requirements in close collaboration with Business Development Managers, Account Managers and Client Success Partners.
Training and Consulting
- Drive the sale of travel security consulting and training in the South Atlantic Region.
- Deliver training and consulting tasks across the region as required and where expertise permits.
- Support product innovation and development efforts based on market feedback and requirements.
Operations and Information
- Participate in the Americas Regional Security Center roster and 24/7 on-call operations coverage as required.
- Maintain awareness of regional security developments.
- Contribute to the development of regional concept of operations and capability statements as required.
- Proactively build security contacts in the region and contribute to the development and quality of the regions information, advice and assistance capability (including provider network).
- Maintain local official security, government and emergency services contacts.
- Deploy as part of an Incident Management Team in response to an incident where clients require on-the-ground assistance as required.
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Effective communication and representational skills .
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Strong initiative and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Use of technology for data reporting and online/virtual delivery of services.
Required Work Experience
- International work (security/travel risk management) experience.
- Experience in security operations management: in military, government, or private sector roles.
- Experience in the planning, development and delivery of training and/or security consulting.
Preferred Work Experience
- Business development and/or consulting experience.
- Experience within the Americas region.
- Experience working in a corporate security role with a strong network.
- Undergraduate degree (or relevant professional training) in a field related to security or international relations studies.
- Fluent spoken and written English Language.
- Spanish / Portuguese / French preferred
Travel / Rotation Requirements
- Travel dependent on business needs (estimated 25-30% of the time).
- On-call availability as part of the Americas Regional Security Center roster.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org