Cultural Vistas is a nonprofit exchange organization promoting global understanding and collaboration among individuals and institutions. We develop international professional experiences that create more informed, skilled, and engaged citizens. Our programs empower people to drive positive change in themselves, their organizations, and society.
We are always looking for talented individuals with fresh ideas, new perspectives, and the capacity to advance our programs and services. If you think you are ready to be a part of an exciting team, then we encourage you to continue with this applicant friendly, online job application!
We offer opportunities in our headquarters in New York City, as well as our offices in Washington, D.C. and Berlin, Germany. Learn more at culturalvistas.org
Cultural Vistas is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
We recognize and respect the amount of time you are about to invest by applying to this open position. If you complete this job application, you will be kept informed via email status updates (and text messages, if you opt in) throughout the evaluation process.
By continuing with this job application, you will be asked to answer job-specific questions. Please note that the questions contained in this job posting are our sole intellectual property.
Upon receipt of your responses, we will evaluate your submission. If selected for a personal interview, you will receive an email/text with scheduling instructions.
The Hiring Manager
SPECIAL NOTE: If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail within minutes of your job application submission, please check your email bulk or spam folders.
Reporting to the Program Officer, the PA supports the Program Officer in the administration of two professional fellowship programs, in addition to one associated alumni network. The PA assists in marketing, application processing, selection and pre-departure orientation of participants.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- - Program Management -
- Facilitates professional exchanges from beginning of application process to completion of program, with necessary guidance.
- Administrative tasks, including, but not limited to:
- o Filing/scanning applications, depositing/requesting checks, maintaining participant and alumni database for both programs, research on event venues/professional networks/external stakeholders for potential collaboration.
- Supports budget administration and overall timeline tracking. Assists the Program Officer by preparing budget reports and closing grants for the RBFAA.
- Assists in coordination of all marketing activities: events, presentations, trips, job fairs, production of marketing materials, direct mailings, and online marketing.
- Assists with organizing and coordinating annual orientation and selection meetings.
- Reads and assesses applications for CVF, conducts interviews in conjunction with Program Officer.
- Assists in the coordination and monitoring of Bosch Fellows language instruction.
- Assists Program Officer in German language assessments of Bosch Fellows.
- - Client Relationship Management -
- Provides superior customer service through phone/e-mail/mail communications with internal and external stakeholders; including applicants, participants, alumni, and domestic and foreign stakeholders.
- Provides direct and on-going client relationship management through education, assistance, and proactive communication.
- Updates alumni database, website, and social media sites. Coordinates fundraising initiatives. Assists in budget and financial reporting for alumni association.
- - Professional Development -
- Develops and maintains an advanced knowledge of legal regulations and Cultural Vistas policies and their applications
- Takes a proactive approach to improve business functions and workflow within the department
- Strong personal commitment to continual professional development
- Develops and maintains industry knowledge by seeking out educational workshops, classes, and related publications
- Works in accordance with the mission, goals, values, and strategic direction of Cultural Vistas
- Skills and Abilities Required:
- Working proficiency in German language required.
- Understanding of program management with ability to implement projects.
- Event planning and marketing experience, high-profile audiences preferred.
- Ability to multi-task, to prioritize workload, to organize, and make decisions in a deadline sensitive environment.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate outcomes and problem solve.
- Strong analytical skills, good judgment and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain proactive and flexible approach
- Possess commitment to professionalism and communicability
- Ability to provide excellent customer service for both internal and external customers
- Ability to exhibit a collegial attitude and excel within a collaborative team working environment
- Strong ability to communicate effectively within a multi-cultural environment and with people from diverse cultures and countries
- Interest in and commitment to the mission of Cultural Vistas
- Computer Equipment and Software Experience Required:
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Prior CRM experience (Salesforce) a plus. Adobe Creative Suite and Content Management Systems (CMS) website experience a plus.
- Education and Experience Required:
- Education: Bachelors degree required; International Relations, Business, Education, German Studies, Political Science or other related degree preferred.
- Years of Experience: Minimum of 1-2 years of administrative, customer service, client relations management or program management experience required. Previous work or academic experience in Germany required. Working proficiency in German language required.
- Physical Demands of Position:
- Domestic and international travel may be required. Work on weekends, holidays, and evenings may be required.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org