The Rendon Group is hiring a Program Manager for our Media Monitoring Team. The Program Manager leads our global breaking news alerts program, which operates twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. Due to the nature of the global media monitoring team, the Program Manager must be on-call 24/7/365 to handle routine staffing and technological problems in the program.
Company Overview: The Rendon Group is a leading international strategic communications firm with experience planning and managing strategic and tactical communications programs in 91 countries across Africa, the Americas, Asia, Europe, and the Middle East. The Rendon Group values and takes pride in our diversity. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Work Environment: Please dress in business casual during workdays and casual during weekends.
- Manage a team of six media analysts operating a 24/7/365 global breaking news alert service for government and private sector clients
- Train and provide regular feedback to media analysts on their performance
- Supervise and edit research projects assigned to the media monitoring team
- Maintain contact with clients to ensure products continue to meet their requirements
- Collaborate with other program managers to write proposals for business development
- Report to the company leadership weekly regarding the status of the media monitoring program and other research projects
- Fulfill the duties of a Media Monitoring Analyst as needed
- Experience working on a 24/7/365 global media monitoring operation
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once with minimal guidance or background information
- BA in International Relations, Political Science, Area Studies, or a related field
- Experience using media aggregators, especially LexisNexis Newsdesk
- Strong understanding of international relations and global politics
- Experience using and a strong understanding of Boolean search logic
- Experience in the field of public relations and strategic communications
- Experience creating, maintaining and executing emergency response plans for regular and hypothetical scenarios, guaranteeing seamless continuity in operations
- Experience using, finding, and setting up RSS feeds
- Familiarity with Acquire Media’s Newsedge, Meltwater, TV Eyes, and/or Zignal
- Familiarity with social media monitoring platforms
- Experience using Wordpress
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to Serena Schorr and Errol Julien at [email protected] and [email protected].