The END Fund is looking for a savvy, seasoned development professional to join its fundraising team. S/he will develop and execute strategies to cultivate, solicit, and steward $100,000+ gifts from a portfolio of high-net-worth individuals and corporate prospects, globally or potentially focused on a strategic geographic market. A natural and collegial team player, the successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of working collaboratively in individual and major gift fundraising with an eye towards executing on a robust plan. The successful candidate’s title (Director or Senior Director) will be commensurate with experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- In concert with the Board of Directors, Board Development Committee, CEO, VP Investor Relations, and other colleagues, help execute a fundraising and marketing plan to secure funding towards the Fund’s $150 million objective for 2017-2021;
- Serve as one of the chief stewards of the END Fund brand by participating in cultivation meetings, correspondence, and events;
- Oversee the preparation of strategy, briefing and debriefing materials for face-to-face meetings with major donors conducted by senior staff or Board leadership;
- Lead and/or contribute to the research, preparation, drafting, and editing of major grant proposals;
- Design and execute ways to deepen donor commitment and enhanced gift giving, building on and enhancing the events and public outreach currently underway, while managing a personal portfolio of prospects;
- Manage project work by staff colleagues and consultants;
- Oversee fundraising reporting by staff colleagues and consultants; liaise with program and other staff to gather materials and updates and translate them into proposals or donor reports, as needed;
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required; relevant graduate coursework a plus;
- At least 7 to 10 years progressively responsible experience in not-for-profit fundraising and/or demonstrated transferable skills;
- Proven track record for cultivating, soliciting, and securing $100,000+ donations, and specific knowledge of private foundation grant making, corporate giving, and high-net-worth cultivation strategies;
- Exceptional ability to convey complex ideas in a clear, direct, and lively style (both written and verbal);
- Creative thinking to develop engagement strategies with maximum impact;
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, especially writing and content creation;
- Confidence and poise to interact regularly with corporate executives and high-net-worth individuals using all forms of communications (e-mail, phone, videoconference and face-to-face interaction);
- Familiarity with global health issues, and NTDs specifically, and/or an appetite and interest to learn;
- Demonstrated cross-cultural skills;
- A self-starter who enjoys working in a start-up environment;
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of a collaborative team;
- Ability and desire to travel domestically and internationally.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org