In collaboration with and reporting to the Senior Fellow, the Project Director co-develops and manages overall design and implementation of the Education Innovations project of CUE. The Project Director will conceptualize and manage projects; she/he will help execute research and conduct data analysis draft findings, reports, and memos; review and edit papers; and represent the Innovations project to external and internal audiences.
Project Management and Outreach (60%)
- Co-develop with Senior Fellow the overall design and implementation plan for Innovations project, in collaboration with external advisors and key stakeholders;
- Manage various components of Innovations project under the direction of the lead Senior Fellow, including, but not limited to: contracts, team, work plan, meeting preparation, budgets;
- Work with CUE Associate Director for Strategic Initiatives and other CUE colleagues to identify opportunities for cross-collaboration;
- Liase with Global’s administration, finance, development, and communications teams on project implementation;
- Manage general M&E for the project, including impact tracking;
- Coordinate communication plans in consultation with Communications Manager, including media outreach, reports, tools and multi-media projects;
- Coordinate within the Innovations team and with Global Development team on fundraising-related tasks including donor cultivation, drafting proposals, grant reports, donor meetings, etc.;
- Represent the Innovations project externally, including at global conferences and meetings with policymakers, funders, researchers and practitioners;
- Conduct outreach and builds relationships with external groups and researchers to contribute to research and develop channels for dissemination;
- Attend conferences, meetings, briefings, etc. on behalf of the project;
- Write blog posts and social media outreach in consultation with communications manager.
Research Analysis and Support (40%)
- Manage organization of data and related research activities including overseeing databases, key informant interview tracking, literature reviews, field-based case studies;
- Works with Senior Fellow to conduct research and analysis on topics related to education innovations including on issues such as teaching and learning, the role of technology in improving teaching and learning globally, student-centered pedagogical approaches, and teacher support;
- Conduct quantitative data analysis, compiles and organizes datasets and presents the results of empirical analysis in table and graphical formats, conducts qualitative data analysis, reviews interview transcripts, consults with key project stakeholders, develops case study briefs;
- Identifies, conducts background research on, collects data from and engages with organizations using innovative education approaches. Builds strong partnerships with NGOs, schools, and other innovative organizations;
- Develops presentations, talking points, and project briefs to share project information and findings;
- Co-author policy briefs, case studies, research papers, and other reports.
Master’s in education, public policy or other related disciplines required. Minimum of six years of professional experience writing and researching, including primary and secondary research and translating research findings in a clear and compelling way to practitioners and general audiences. Significant project management experience is critical, including directing and managing multi-faceted projects with multiple stakeholders and in multicultural work environments. Experience working within a team, and in managing or supervising interns or staff members. Experience working in a fast-paced, policy-oriented environment desired. Demonstrated experience working in governmental, non-governmental organizations, or policy/political organizations preferred.
Strong interest in global education policy required (or related field of study). Knowledge of teaching and learning, education innovations, or related field of study preferred. Exemplary writing, research, and editing skills required. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint preferred. Experience with Access or other database software preferred. Must be a quick learner on a wide variety of issues. Needs to be able to work independently, excel in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines when necessary. Must possess ability to organize and supervise the work of others. Must have experience with project management, including overseeing budgets and work plans. Experience with monitoring, evaluation and mixed methods data collection and analysis is preferred. Must be a team player who can collaborate well with others on joint writing assignments, research and special projects.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org