Deadline for Applications: 7 October 2018
Start Date: As soon as possible
Contract Duration: 12 Months (with possibility of extension)
Type of Post: Local
The International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD) is an international organisation tasked with promoting innovative, comprehensive and sustainable migration policies. With 17 Member States and over 60 projects active throughout Europe, Africa, Asia and Latin America, ICMPD is a growing and ever-more relevant presence in its field. The organisation’s greatest assets are its 200+ staff members, who personify its values of commitment, integrity, partnership, respect, and innovation in actions and decisions.
The Administrative Assistant will be based in the field office in Brussels, Belgium. S/he will works under the supervision of the Head of Resources Management and collaborates closely with the entire Resource Management Unit (RMU) team. S/he is responsible for providing horizontal support by carrying out administrative, logistical and office management tasks.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Prepare administrative documents (routine correspondence, invitation letters and note Verbales), collect and compile inputs to documents;
- Assist in procurement processes for services & procurement foreseen for the functioning of the Brussels office;
- Process actions in SAP and other systems;
- Collect, compile and organise background materials, documents and other materials for meetings, prepare minutes and summaries of actions to be taken, and ensure necessary follow-up;
- Organise meetings between unit team members and external stakeholders, such as the EC or other institutions, as requested;
- Responsible for the in/out flow of documents in the unit, soft and hardcopies: S/he will record in the data base the documents (soft and hardcopies) arriving and leaving the unit after approval. S/he will also ensure that the data base is fully documented by requesting additional information to project teams when needed;
- Handling all matters related to the post office – registered letter, stamps. Distribution of the post to the staff;
- Support the Resource management officers in the preparation of audits;
- Support the Resource management officers by pre-checking supporting documents received under grant reports.
2. Office Management:
- Assist in the planning and organisation of day-to-day tasks: split the work load among the certifying officers according to the internal process of the unit;
- Welcome visitors;
- Welcome new unit team members by arranging introductory meetings, setting up work stations (including ICT equipment), and functioning as a first point of contact for any questions they might have;
- Be responsible for meeting logistics: meeting rooms, audio visual equipment, name tags, logistics for arrivals and departures;
- Identify new or maintain relations with regular suppliers for office supplies and utilities, as well as maintaining and restocking office supplies;
- Manage the Brussels’ mission office by liaising with the office manager and landlord;
- Sporadically deal with trouble-shooting or as back-up for IT configuration issues.
3. Additional Duties:
- Act as Travel Officer, by liaising between the travel agency and the project staff and will work in close cooperation with the 2 travel officers in Brussels;
- Liaise and maintain productive working relations with other departments in ICMPD (HR, ICT, Resource Management and Finance);
- Perform any other duties as required.
- Administrative and logistical support activities implemented promptly, accurately and efficiently;
- Documents produced are in line with standard required;
- Administration, office management and additional duties managed efficiently and supported in a timely manner;
- Filing system maintained.
- A minimum of 2 years’ position-relevant professional experience, preferably in the field of administrative support and logistics;
- Knowledge of ERP systems – knowledge of SAP in an asset;
- Good organisational skills with attention to detail and accuracy;
- Experience in managing conflict priorities and working with tight deadlines;
- Strong team work and interpersonal skills;
- Adaptability and flexibility;
- Excellent command of standard MS-office software.
- Experience in international projects and working in International sector and/or public administration;
- Fluent in English and French; knowledge of an additional EU language is an asset;
- Bachelor´s degree.
ICMPD offers an attractive compensation package. This position is classified at S1 grade, with an annual net-base salary starting at 25.824,00 EUR. Additional benefits include participation in the ICMPD Provident Fund, Health and Accident Insurance, six weeks’ annual leave and, where applicable, dependent’s and mobility allowances.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org