As a COUNTERPROLIFERATION ANALYST at the GS-0301-13 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Serving as an expert in U.S. Government and Department of Defense (DoD) counterproliferation operations and training in order to build international partner capability to counter weapons of mass destruction.
- Managing, coordinating, and executing DoD Proliferation Security Initiative (PSI) and International Counterproliferation Program (ICP) activities.
- Providing expert advice to senior representatives of the Office of the Secretary of Defense (OSD), Joint Staff, Services, and Combatant Commands to implement and sustain PSI and ICP policies, objectives, and activities.
- Developing, planning, organizing, and facilitating international weapons of mass destruction (WMD) counterproliferation education, training, workshops, demonstrations, exercises, and related activities.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position up to 25%
Conditions of Employment
You may qualify at the GS-12, if you fulfill the following qualifications:
A. One year of specialized experience equivalent to the grade level in the Federal service:
- Conducting implementation of the Proliferation Security Initiatives (PSI) and/or International Counterproliferation Programs (ICP);
- Providing timely and effective planning, coordination, and execution of international capacity building exercises, training, workshops, and engagements to counter the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction in cooperation with interagency stakeholders, and foreign government counterparts;
- Managing international countering weapons of mass destruction capacity building all PSI and ICP project phases while providing clear, concise, meaningful, and timely reporting.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org