The scope of this job is to support the ANSI International Policy Department in the administration and implementation of ANSI’s international projects and development programs. This primarily includes the implementation of current projects and development programs and research and analysis of standards-related market conditions, with a particular emphasis on China, and assisting in the identification and pursuit of new opportunities.
- Supports the Director, International Development and other International Policy staff in the administration and implementation of several international projects; including analyzing training needs, leading organization of workshops and other events, communication with ANSI members and potential participants, drafting of project reports and other deliverables, and other activities as needed.
- Helps to ensure that ANSI’s international projects and development initiatives effectively communicate and promote U.S. policies and positions for standards and conformance.
- Supports the Director, International Development in the development of proposals or other business development for new programs to advance ANSI’s mission internationally.
- Supports departmental budgeting, document management, and related activities.
- Engages external stakeholders including ANSI members, donor organizations, and others in support of ANSI’s international development programs.
- Serves as primary link between ANSI’s China-based team and U.S. – based members.
- Conducts market research to monitor policy developments related to standardization in China, conducts analysis, and presents informational updates to ANSI’s staff and membership.
- Works with the Director, International Development and ANSI’s China team to carry out existing and future initiatives.
- Works with the Director, International Development and ANSI’s China team to evaluate and prioritize opportunities in China, and market ANSI's services to support members' interests in China.
- Provides recommendations to supervisor for new business opportunities to support ANSI’s activities in China.
- Supports meetings, workshops and other engagements with the PRC government.
- Monitors international and U.S. government trade and standardization policy activities and works to align them with ANSI policies.
- Implements ANSI policies and administrative decisions, and lends expertise to ANSI’s international policy development.
- Keeps supervisor informed of activities and developments in the assigned program areas.
- Coordinates with other staff and members as necessary to effectively achieve project goals within budgetary constraints.
- Performs other duties and carries out special projects as necessary, including support for the Vice President, International Policy.
Education and Training
- Bachelors’ degree required; further education a strong plus.
- Written and oral Mandarin Chinese communication skills, demonstrated by a proficiency test or evaluation.
Skills and Experience
- 4+ years related work experience.
- Proven business development and/or fundraising experience.
- U.S. and China government relations experience .
- Background in standardization, conformity assessment or regulatory fields a plus.
- Ability to work effectively in fast-paced and rapidly changing environments.
- Ability to work effectively with various levels within the organization.
- Project management experience; Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus.
- Outstanding written and oral English communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, MS Project).
- Position requires international travel.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements by applying below.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org