Highlight Technologies is looking for a strategic thinking Program Analyst to directly support USAID’s Bureau for Policy, Planning and Learning, which develops policies and strategies that guide and help USAID achieve their worldwide mission to end extreme poverty and help develop democratic societies.
You will be responsible for assisting PPL’s Office of Development Cooperation, which oversees the Agency’s corporate engagement with bilateral donors and multilateral organizations, with multilateral engagement, development finance policy leadership, and donor coordination.
You will also provide technical assistance, research, analysis, and policy support in the areas of aid statistics, aid transparency, and development cooperation effectiveness.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage Agency-wide relationships with multilateral organizations.
- Research and statistical analysis related to development finance.
- Interagency engagement related to multilateral engagement and development cooperation.
- Substantive input in the drafting of briefing materials for senior PPL members.
- Drafting of policy papers, briefing memos, how-to and other guidance documents, reports, summaries and other written documents.
- Analyzing information needed to formulate development strategies and policy.
- Current Secret Clearance.
- Mid-level Program Analyst requires Master’s degree in relevant field with 5 years of work experience or Bachelor’s degree with 10 years of work experience.
- Experience working on issues of foreign policy and development; multilateral engagement, aid statistics, or other relevant areas as required.
- Strong analytical skills demonstrated.
- Strong writing skills and the ability to communicate complex programming concepts into clear, concise written documents and oral presentations required.
- Ability to work effectively both individually and as a member of a team. Must be able to plan, organize, and use time effectively.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work within tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of the organization and operation of large size entities working in international development or foreign affairs.
- Occasional travel required.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org