Position is on the research staff of a government consulting organization headquartered in McLean, VA. Employment location will be on-site at a Washington, DC based agency. A Secret clearance is required.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Support Government personnel responsible for planning and executing logistics and program support to US Government personnel and organizations operating overseas. Prepare and coordinate memoranda and other written products in support of agency initiatives. Plan, schedule, and report on meetings involving government principals and other officials. When tasked, conduct research and analysis of alternative courses of action and provide written or oral summaries of same. Develop and maintain internal share drive, sharepoint and other knowledge management capabilities to facilitate efficient document storage and retrieval.
- Bachelor's degree in public policy, international relations, or political science is required; a Masters degree in these or similar fields is highly desirable.
- 1-2 years’ experience in program and executive support in the field of international relations. Government experience is preferred but experience in international program support in the not for profit or university sectors is acceptable.
- Basic knowledge of government and business protocol to include foreign protocols and cultural considerations.
- Ability to organize information and manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously.
- Strong problem solving, writing, and analytical skills.
- Must be self-directed and detail oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to include use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. For this position, a current, Secret level security clearance is required. An interim clearance is acceptable.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org