Action Pour Les Enfants (APLE) is a leading Cambodian NGO operating in Cambodia since 2003 to to strengthen national social and legal mechanisms for the protection of children at risk of or affected by child sexual abuse and exploitation. APLE Cambodia is now seeking a full-time Development Officer to lead and coordinate the implementation of APLE fundraising strategy and development of specific intervention programs targeting new and continued funding with a view to diversify sources of funds and sustain long term development of the organisation. The Development Officer will independently work with the guidance of APLE Executive Director and alongside of the team leaders and fundraising team.
The ultimate goal of this position is to secure adequate and sustainable sources of funds for APLE in the long run. The Development Officer and the fundraising team comprised of executive director, team leaders, coordinator and other key staff have a shared responsibility to achieve this goal.
There are five (5) specific objectives to guide the activities and tasks of the Development Officer who has a lead responsibility for the accomplishment of these objectives:
- Increased number of mid-long term funding agreements with various donors
- Efficient intervention programs for new and continued funding
- Proactive participation in crowdfunding, call-for-proposals and other fundraising events
- Diversified sources of funds established, including individuals, corporates and institutions
- Effective donor relations management strategy developed and implemented
- Minimum of a master’s degree in management, program/fundraising development, sociology, international relations or related field
- At least three-year working experience of program design & management, planning, M&E, reporting, fundraising and public relations
- Proven track record of developing complex intervention programs, meeting and/or exceeding revenues and development targets
- Experience of building and maintaining donor relations management system/practices
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with other team members, partner organisations and service providers
- Ability to develop a theory of change, collect and analyze data, and formulate actionable recommendations
- Sound understanding of child sexual abuse and exploitation and counter-measures
- Knowledge of the socioeconomic context of Cambodia
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- A hands-on approach and a friendly, enthusiastic and team-oriented person
- Confident communicator at national and international levels with excellent written and verbal skills, including public speaking
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Excellent ICT skills with the ability to use applications, online platforms and social media channels for networking and fundraising
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter.
Only short-listed candidates will be called for interview and asked to present the original copies of the academic and occupational certificates.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org