The Digital Associate Producer, Politics will serve as an integral member of the PBS NewsHour’s online unit, covering politics and elections. The Associate Producer will manage online coverage, while working closely with the broadcast team.
- Conceive, report, and write well-crafted content for NewsHour website and associated digital platforms.
- Manage online editorial content, creating original text and multi-media content and coordinating other contributions.
- Contribute and support development and production of broadcast content for the PBS NewsHour, working with Politics team colleagues both in the newsroom and in the field on the campaign trail.
- Conduct research and interviews to support online and on-air reporting.
- While the focus of this role is on politics, other general assignments will be included as needed.
- Perform related special projects, or other duties as assigned.
- Ability to create and manage compelling news and feature content for the web
- Demonstrated interest in, and knowledge of, politics a must
- Superior writing skills, under deadline pressure, for both short turn-around news items and longer term feature content
- Experience using social media and online publishing tools, and an interest in using new tools for reporting and story telling
- Experience with multi-media and broadcast video production is a plus
- Ability to work closely with colleagues in a collaborative manner under deadline
- Excellent organizational, project planning, presentation and time management skills with careful attention to detail needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience working in online journalism, preferably for a national outlet.
- Priority given to previous political reporting experience.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org