Your opportunities for achievement are limitless with Northrop Grumman.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on projects and programs that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to improve the present, invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an endless drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman is seeking International Trade Compliance Analyst 1 (ITC Rotation Program). This position will be located in Various Locations for 6 Month Rotations in Dulles, VA, Falls Church, VA, Herndon, VA, McLean, VA (VA); Linthicum, MD (MD); Rancho Bernardo, CA, Redondo Beach, CA (CA); or Melbourne, FL (FL).
The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman’s International Trade Compliance (ITC) Community/Organization on ITC Rotation Program to different sectors/corporate every 6 months. Sectors include NG Aerospace Systems, NG Enterprise Services, NG Innovation Systems, NG Mission Systems, NG Technology Services, and Corporate Office.
The selected candidate will work in a professional office work environment within a selected International Trade Compliance (ITC) Organization and will be required to rotate to a new work location every 6 months for 12-24 month timeframe for full ITC early career development experience/exposure.
Position Summary / Responsibilities
• Develops and manages comprehensive internal international trade compliance controls (export, import, economic sanctions and anti-corruption) to ensure compliance with US and foreign regulations in the conduct of international marketing, sales, supply chain and other business activities. Establishes business processes for submitting to and obtaining from the US government all necessary export and import licenses, permits, certifications, and technology release determinations.
• Establishes and maintains relations with appropriate government regulatory agencies.
• Establishes operational processes for assuring trade compliance through gate reviews for technical data, foreign travel, foreign visits, third party relationships, and export and import shipments.
• Maintains applicable trade compliance records in accordance with regulatory requirements.
• Supports law department in investigating and resolving compliance problems, questions, or complaints.
• Establishes and maintains training and assessment/monitoring programs to ensure implementation and effectiveness of internal controls.
• Generates performance metrics for international trade compliance processes.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
• Use and/or application of principles, theories, and concepts. Knowledge of industry practices and standards. Demonstrates the skill and ability to perform professional tasks.
• Develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity.
• Works under only very general supervision. Work is reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall adequacy and accuracy.
• Contributes to the completion of organizational projects and goals. Errors in judgment or failure to achieve results would normally be detected in supervisory oversight.
• Frequent internal company contacts. Contacts are primarily with immediate supervisor, and other personnel in the section or group. Contacts are secondarily with other functional organizations involved in ITC control gates. Represents section or group on specific projects.
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
• Be completing or has completed their degree (Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD) from an accredited institution.
• Be majoring in or having majored in International Business, International Affairs, International Relations, and other related Business, Legal/Regulatory, or Liberal Arts (i.e., Legal, Regulatory Compliance, Audit, Business Management, Marketing, Economics, Finance/Accounting, Political Science/Affairs, Communications, Education/Training, etc.).
• Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.25/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile).
• Solid background and interest in International Business, International Affairs, International Relations, or other related Legal/Regulatory, Business, or Liberal Arts backgrounds/interests (i.e., Legal, Regulatory Compliance, Audit, Business Management, Marketing, Economics, Finance/Accounting, Political Science/Affairs, Communications, Education/Training, etc.
• Flexibility/Ability to relocate on short term assignments (6 months) at a time to corporate/sector locations in CA (Redondo Beach or Rancho Bernardo); FL (Melbourne); MD (Linthicum); or VA (Dulles, Falls Church, Herndon, or McLean) as part of corporate/sector rotational opportunities within ITC community over a 12-24 month ITC rotational program experience.
• Flexibility/Ability to independently maintain month-to-month or short-term (6 month) lease while on rotation/short-term assignment. No housing allowance offered. Some relocation assistance may be considered.
• Some other travel for internal/external training or assignments (10% or less).
• Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.7/4.0 or higher
• Previous internship/co-op or other work experience, leadership & teamwork capabilities, interpersonal communication skills, and activities (professional/community/extracurricular).
• Good presentation and writing/communication skills.
• Self-motivated, willing to learn, and interested in working in a team environment.
• Experience in developing and delivering presentations and leading small groups.
• Experience in working in an autonomous work environment on complex projects.
Please be sure to indicate that you saw this position on Globaljobs.org